Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 975 total)
  • Game of Thrones Season 6
  • muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Thoughts? seemed more like a filler than a finale. That final scene though

Eh!

I thought Walder Frey, Cersei and Jon Snow’s storylines were significant enough to have filled a single episode if they’d have wanted to go that way. Then there was the coming together of 3 matriarchs across the sea. Jaime not seeming to like his place in the world. Ships setting sail. One of the prophecies coming to pass. Revealing visions. Davos and his confrontation of Melisandre.

WINTER IS HERE.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

More teleportation appears to have happened…. good cinema but even so.

Exactly, been needed for a while. Books are not TV/Film

Where to start?
    Cersi thought she was going to be stopped, didn’t see her getting away with that but she might want to remember what the average service time in that job is…
    King o’t’ North 🙂 What the north really reminds me of is the north I frew up in, the bit beyond the midlands. Manc/Leeds/Liverpool is your Frays of the world.
    Leading nicely into top teleportation and hell yeah the 3 of them in winterfell will be good.
    But little finger – he doesn’t like a king in the north, good job Jon Stark is not finite
    Then the finale 🙂

So coming the long way up to collect dorne then onto Kings Landing?

jimdubleyou

Jaime not seeming to like his place in the world.

He’s going to stick it to his sister, one way or another…

BoardinBob

Davos and his confrontation of Melisandre.

I wasn’t sure what was going on when he found the burnt stag in the remains of the fire. I must have missed it but I’m assuming he wasn’t there when they burned Shireen? Seems amazing that he wouldn’t have found out later but I guess if all of Stannis’ men were dead then how could he find out.

woffle
    Free Member

He’s going to stick it to his sister, one way or another…

lazybike
    Free Member

Nooo..Robb and his bride slaughtered…that’s downright low! Khaleesi still rocking it…

gonzy
    Free Member

daaaaaamn!! teleportation aside….dont mess with Arya Stark!!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

daaaaaamn!! teleportation aside….dont mess with Arya Stark!!

She’s making a list, she’s checking it twice, she’s gonna make pies if you’re naughty not nice.

gonzy
    Free Member

she’s gonna make pies if you’re naughty not nice

Hot Pie taught her well

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’d forgotten about hot pie, possibly the only Game of Thrones character that we’ve left in a happy place.

BoardinBob

Was it implied that the mountain was going to rape the nun woman? That’s the impression I got!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Was it implied that the mountain was going to rape the nun woman? That’s the impression I got!

That was my impression too. The septa is the Mountain’s plaything until she’s dead and even then maybe for a bit.

GrahamS

She’s making a list, she’s checking it twice

Indeed.

https://represent.com/maisie/williams-making-a-list-shirt-for-dolphin-project

GrahamS

Solid episode I thought. Nothing very surprising though, except maybe Dorne still being a thing.

Really liked some of the cinematography though and the visual storytelling – like Little Finger casting a sideways “I’m being watched” glance at the Weirwood tree as Bran logs on, other the shots showing the crowds at Cersei’s coronation with fire literally at their backs.

The Samwell bit was a nice light relief too. I reckon he’ll eventually find something very interesting in those there books. Science FTW!

dantsw13

If John is no longer Sansas brother, will they marry?

AlexSimon

Filler!? Filler!? I thought it was spellbinding!
    Every scene was a treat. 4 or 5 of them could have been the season closer.
    Can’t believe I have to wait 10 months for the next instalment!

GrahamS

If John is no longer Sansas brother, will they marry?

Oooh I hadn’t thought of that. Still a bit wrong, but that doesn’t usually stop Targarayens

I reckon that Little Finger will use John not being who Sansa thought he was to try to drive a wedge between them.

Also the Lords of the North swore allegiance on the basis that John has “Ned Stark’s blood” but he doesn’t.

seosamh77
    Free Member

he’s still a stark though, and you’d imagine the targaryen blood just gives him more street cred.

I’d say the likely marriage is him and his sister/cousin(edit, aunt actually init?)?. She’s looking to marry someone after she’s leathered cersei. King of the North seems the likely candidate(the lanisters days look numbered, though could be jamie if he jumps ship, his dislike of the mad king burning everyone strains that relationship a bit.), guess the jin theory just depends on where brans story ends up, if he’s sent on more wanderings and meets up with jon in time to spill the beans.

good episode, even though they are rushing through everything at lightspeed..

swedishmatt
    Free Member

Is Jamie L not on Aryas list? Perfect opportunity for some poison surely?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Apparently Jaime is not on the list

That looks like the full list, pretty sure she took the hound off it after he was reasonably good to her

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well I guess if Bran can get there and work out who Jon is in time it will work well for doing a deal with Denny and her Dragons. Tyrion is working his magic of the game of politics and will probably stop her doing anything too stupid and maybe talking to the people who hate the Lannisters before toasting them. In the end Jon doesn’t really want to be king does he, just wants a quiet life.

So first stop remove Cersi, Jamie probably won’t stand in the way after what he just saw. Move north reunite the 7 kingdoms and toast the army of the undead in 2 seasons. Just need to get some warmer clothes.

Anyway when did invading in winter ever go wrong for anyone.

jekkyl

‘there’s something wrong, we have to leave, WE ALL HAVE TO LEAVE NOW’

mahalo

so what was the significance of the white raven?

makkag
    Free Member

signifys winter has arrived

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Why was Dondarrion and Thoros on it again?

Could be Cleganebowl is back on, Cersei and The Mountain vs Arya and the Hound?

Pigface
    Free Member

Margaery Tyrell nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 😥

perchypanther
    Free Member

Margaery Tyrell nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yep. Bad week to be a smirker in Westeros.

Professional smirker Margaery incinerated in the same week that uber-smirker Ramsay Bolton gets Pedigree Chummed.

Smirking is dangerous. Don’t do it kids.

atlaz
    Free Member

I wish we’d been shown what Margery’s plan was about dealing with the seven. Whatever it was it didn’t seem to be working before she was incinerated.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Am I the only one to think that’s all suddenly got a bit “Sisters are doin’ it for themselves”?

We have the Dragon Lady and the Viking Lady about to join forces with Emma Peel and the Dornish Patsies to wage war against Queen Vader in the south.

In the north we have Badass Sansa working everyone like puppets backed up by the youngling Lyannakin Skymormont.

Meanwhile, Ninjarya Stark is creeping about baking peeps into pies and slitting throats.

What’s happened to all the blokes?

Jon Snow is starting to look like the token tadger in this story.

swavis

I thought it was a another great episode last night, lots of storylines sorted out and just generally felt like everything was being put in place for a stonking final season? There is only one more season isn’t there, with only 8 episodes? I’m sure I read that somewhere…

Oh and I actually cheered at the telly when Ayra slit Walders throat 😈

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Jon Snow is starting to look like the token tadger in this story.

I don’t think he is stressing about that 🙂

jekkyl
    lazybike
    Free Member

Started season 4…It’s all going too well for Khaleesi…I hope Theons sister reaches him soon.

Pigface
    Free Member

GoT has always had strong women in it, for me that is one of the reasons it makes it so good. the two males who seem to have mellowed are Jon and Jamie the rest have died by the sword or sitting on the khazi or burnt alive or ……………

Arya Stark can do no wrong as far as I am concerned she is bound to be offed though.

Good to see the lovely one from Dorne again Tyene Sand

arrpee
    Free Member

A sad farewell to the hottest werepig in King’s Landing.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Loved the irony of Tommen jumping out the window.

Not the first teenage boy to “fall” out of a window due to Cersei’s actions.

jimjam
    Free Member

perchypanther

Loved the irony of Tommen jumping out the window.

Not the first teenage boy to “fall” out of a window due to Cersei’s actions.

I was disappointed…it felt like a bit of a cop out. I knew he’d die because of Cersei’s actions. I would have prefered it if she’d just had the mountain strangle him, or have him die in the wildfire.

She believes he’ll die so it would have been good to take the logical step and make it happen.

BoardinBob

the two males who seem to have mellowed are Jon and Jamie

and the hound (so far)

CheesybeanZ

The hound mellowed- hes butchered a dozen blokes since reappearing .

GrahamS

She believes he’ll die so it would have been good to take the logical step and make it happen.

Nah that would be completely against character – crazy as Cersei is, she was fiercely protective of her children.

Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 975 total)

The topic ‘Game of Thrones Season 6’ is closed to new replies.