Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Galibier bib shorts
  • Premier Icon lunge

Anyone use them?

I like their stuff a lot but have never used the bibs.

Obviously interested in comfort, but also fit as I’m tall and have thin legs so need a “racing” type fit.

Thanks.

Premier Icon matt_outandabout

I’m not a skinny malinky fit….

I find them the most comfortable bibs or shorts I’ve worn. I’ve a short and a 3/4 bib. Both are good fit and great pad.

I’ve gone up a size (XL) from my usual large, the measurement doofer on thier site suggested this.

My shorts have a fishnet upper – which has caught a couple of times. Think hole in your fishnets. 😉 But no complaints, that’s user error.

Premier Icon lunge

Bump…

Premier Icon Kryton57

I can’t comment on the shorts but I have the longs, so only to say that as above the pad is very comfortable.

Premier Icon wait4me
    Free Member

I’ve got a mid range pair of 3/4s and am impressed by the pad and general feel & fit. Maybe Rapha Core just about shades it overall but definitely worth trying.

Am just breaking in a pair of their leather mits and they’re excellent too and a bargain.

Premier Icon ElShalimo

I have their winter longs, they’re very good.

Premier Icon prontomonto
    Free Member

Their Peleton shorts come in a long leg version which is good if you’re tall and skinny and worry a larger size will be loose. I found the pad a bit far forward, felt a bit strange on the MTB.

Premier Icon karnali
    Free Member

anyone use their gabba esque jersey? and the lautaret jersey?

Premier Icon luket

Having bought the short leg version (because I want to wear them under mountain bike kit and keep them out the way of knee pads, and I’ve got short legs) I found they’ve made these also shorter in the body, which is not ideal for me, so it could be that the long leg version is also longer in body as well. Just something to note if buying either short or long versions.

I’ve got three pairs of their bibs and they’ve all been decent quality. Especially the slightly fancier ones, for only a tiny premium. I’m comparing with mid range stuff though, never tried assos/rapha price range.

Premier Icon t3ap0t
    Free Member

I’ve the Classique shorts. 6’6″, 80 kg and take a 34″ in trousers and they are spot on in XL, think if I’d sized down the bib might not be long enough.

FWIW the pad is really good, although only tested for 2hr longest ride so far. They’re my new fav shorts (vs Morvelo, Howies, DHB)

Premier Icon ransos
    Free Member

anyone use their gabba esque jersey? and the lautaret jersey?

You mean the Sentinel? I have one and am pretty pleased with it. It keeps the rain out for an hour or two, and stays warm when it does get wet. It’s genuinely windproof and warm enough with a thermal base layer and roubaix arm warmers down to about 5 degrees. It gets a bit sweaty as the temperatures hit the mid teens, but has a nice big zip which pulls down one-handed.

Sizing is a little tighter than some brands – mine’s a large whereas I’m a medium in DHB gear.

Premier Icon flashpaul

I have the peleton bibs and the pad is at least as good as castelli

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.