Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Galaxy-Sharan-Alhambra? Any obvious competition?
  • Scamper
    Free Member

Just about to order a new S Max to replace my leggy Mark 3 1.8 Mondeo.

I presume £5k you are looking at a good Mark 3 estate? I never saw the point of going for the estate over the 5dr as the boot hardly looked any bigger with the seats up, and the seats in mine folded almost flat although with not quite as much room as the estate obviously.

Now decided that if you want the space you may as well go big, hence the S Max. If you are looking at the latest Mondeo, again i’m not sure boot wise its much bigger than a mark 3, and in fact with a full size tyre, the boot is def smaller.

aracer
    Free Member

I never saw the point of going for the estate over the 5dr as the boot hardly looked any bigger with the seats up

Are you talking about loading to the parcel shelf? If you load to the roof, there’s a huge difference.

Northwind

Scamper – Member

I presume £5k you are looking at a good Mark 3 estate? I never saw the point of going for the estate over the 5dr as the boot hardly looked any bigger with the seats up, and the seats in mine folded almost flat although with not quite as much room as the estate obviously.

Estates are great for cycling purposes- not just the loadlugging (which as aracer says is a lot more usable due to the height) but also sitting on the back with the tailgate keeping the rain off your head 😉 Lovely. That’s made me rule out a lot of other cars- once you’ve had one with a flat boot you can sit in, anything else seems obviously stupid. (much better for loading and unloading too)

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Galaxy-Sharan-Alhambra? Any obvious competition?’ is closed to new replies.