Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • "Gagging bill" through.
  • stuey
    Free Member

– democracy in action- 🙁

somouk
    Free Member

The irony of posting on a public forum about being gagged. I presume any question as to what you are being gagged about is futile?

stuey
    Free Member

< I wanted to talk about freedom of speech/ hospitals /the environment >

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/jan/28/lobbying-bill-passes-house-lords

245 Lords voted in favour and 245 against.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I’ll mention this while I can then…

Jersey Worlds no.1 Offshire Tax Haven (and dodgy with it)

Doubly interesting since the author got into a spot of bother with the home secretary for no apparent reason:

In 2012, UK politician John Hemming tabled an Early Day Motion regarding the withdrawal of McGrath Goodman’s UK visa, because she had been prevented from entering the UK after declaring her intentions to investigate allegations of a cover-up regarding the Jersey child abuse investigation, despite having a clean immigration and travel record.

alpin
    Free Member

not sure if i see a problem with it myself….

Northwind

That’s not Bill!

wwaswas

Saw this on the internet earlier;

Yesterday the government’s gagging law was passed by the Conservatives and the Liberal Democrats – marking yet another nail in the coffin for freedom of speech in Britain.

And as if to celebrate the occasion, three parody accounts that were critical of coalition policies were closed down on Twitter after complaints from government officials.

@UKJCP – a satirical account parodying the DWP, @IDS_MP – a parody account of Iain Duncan Smith and @Skip_Licker – another satirical account were all suspended by Twitter.

Here’s a direct warning from the Department for Work and Pensions to @UKJCP just a week before it was shut down:

DWP shuts down satire

“it is not satire”. So now we’ve not just got government departments deciding what forms of public criticism are acceptable, but also deciding for us what exactly is humorous and what isn’t.

http://tompride.wordpress.com/2014/01/29/twitter-parody-accounts-critical-of-government-closed-down-on-same-day-gagging-law-passes/

slofox
    Free Member

Bad news day!
    🙁

southbeds
    Free Member

Clinton in the news again

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘"Gagging bill" through.’ is closed to new replies.