Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Gaggia Cubika v Baby v Classic
  • Mintman
    Free Member

I’m thinking of getting an espresso machine and the 3 above all seem to be within £40 of each other so does anyone know if the classic is really £40 better than the cubika? There’s lots of mixed reviews about the cubika as well, a number saying there’s not a lot of space for an espresso shot cup underneath but it might be manageable. Someone on here posted recently about success with it though.

I’m coming from a point of no experience but enjoy a tasty coffee/cappuccino and espresso and the machines above for approx £150 seem to be worth investigating.

Yours Sincerely,

Confused from Bristol

captaindanger

The baby was 100 on amazon recently, I bought one, seems very good

Mintman
    Free Member

Yeah that ship has sailed and its gone up a bit now, the Cubika has gone up by £20 too dagnamit.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Have a look at the various nespresso threads, I’m a convert

mildred

I had a Cubika and it was excellent; the new type has the crema disk. The only issue was that it was noisy.

curvature
    Free Member

I have a Classic and just think they look better, well they do in my kitchen.

hora
    Free Member

Had the Cubika and Classic. Classic won hands down.

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

Picked up the Cubika Plus last Christmas for £89 in currys. Only complaint is that the space under the head is very small so limits the height of espresso cups you can use.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Classic has the chromed brass group head and portafilter as does the baby class(check that though) the cubika has an alloy group head, a friend’s cracked after a year or use.
    You don’t want the ‘crema device’ but a normal double basket.
    I would get the classic as spares are readily available, I have a baby-dose as a work machine but can’t get a spare lid or over pressure right angle hose for the drip tray.

molgrips
    Free Member

I tried a Cubika in a shop, wanting to save money. It was rubbish compared to the Dose I ended up with.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I find espresso cups fine with my cubika but can only fit short mugs under it. It is bloody noisy but I Dont mind that.

TooTall
    Free Member

If you are near Bristol, I’ll have a Classic with accessories for sale (cups, tamper, shot glass, cleaning kit & consumables, poss grinder)at the end of Jan.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

TT, don’t suppose you’ve ever had the problem with the filter baskets sticking to the machine when you remove the portafilter, have you?

Other than that, very happy classic owner here.

tonyplym
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – you need to clean the so-called shower head and shower holder – look where the filter holder attaches and you’ll see a perforated plate held by a cross-head screw.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ah roight. Thanks tonyplym! It’s due a run of descaler this week anyway, so I’ll do that at the same time. I was getting annoyed at having to lever the basket off with a knife all the time.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, take the perforated plate off, and the bit above it(5mm Allen iirc) and soak it all in puly caff, whilst giving the machine a back flush or 2 with puly caff as well.

Easy done.

molgrips
    Free Member

Whilst we are on the subject, I complained about my incontinent Dose leaking tons of water out of the shower head all the time. Most online sutff tells you that it’s the three way valve or a diaphragm in the shower head that’s at fault. Well I have neither, but I gave it a good long descale and it’s much much better now. Still leaks a bit when moving to steam mode though.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Espresso cups fit under my Cubika easily! I’ve just mase an absolutely lovely Capuccino with mine!

Paulio
    Free Member

TooTall – I’m not far from Bristol and could be interested in your Classic if the OP isn’t.

Mintman
    Free Member

TT -thanks for the offer (i’m not far from Yate) but I went out today and bought a catchily named Delonghi ec710 for £89 and apart from buzzing from drinking badly made espresso I like it. The most recent cappuccino was more of a success so I’m on the path to caffeine fuelled nirvana.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Gaggia Cubika v Baby v Classic’ is closed to new replies.