Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • G3 certification
  • muddyjames
    Free Member

Which bodies can give G3 certification for plumbers?

I know of Gas safe being the obvious one.

Is there any way to find out where a plumber might have sought their certification from?

Basically had an unvented cylinder installed. Looked them up on gas safe and they don’t have unvented work listed. Before getting too grumpy I wondered if there’s a way to check if another body has given them the necessary certification.

nealglover
    Free Member

The details of his G3 registration number should be on the Installation certificate

Could be certified by the IoP or CITB also.

muddyjames
    Free Member

Problem is I don’t have an install certificate. Had nothing confirming the work has been notified to the LA

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    muddyjames
    Free Member

How Can I check membership at the CITB and IoP?

I only have their name, company and gas safe registration details.

nealglover
    Free Member

You would ask the installer I’m afraid.
    They could be registered in a number of places.

You need a certificate for Building Control as it is a requirement to notify them of the installation. The installer must provide a certificate with their registration details.

You really need to get in touch with them and ask. Report them if they can’t/won’t Provide one.

muddyjames
    Free Member

Thanks Neal

How /who do I report them to?

nealglover
    Free Member

Gas Safe Register, Trading Standards and the local council/building control would be a good start (if they are not qualified/registered)

Contact the installer first though and ask. They may have registered the install already and the certificate just not arrived yet ?

muddyjames
    Free Member

I contacted the plumber In the first instance, they said, you don’t need anything than what’s on the cylinder, implying no certification carried out.

I contacted gas safe. They said no G3 certification by them but as unvented is plumbing and not gas it could be another body.

I contacted CIPHE and not registered there, are there any others?

I’ve contacted building control now too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘G3 certification’ is closed to new replies.