Viewing 10 posts - 281 through 290 (of 290 total)
  • G20 Protest death – Ian Tomlinson – have we done this yet?
  • grizzlygus
    Free Member

Its difficult for me to unerstand what your point is there Rude boy, given that you know sweet FA about me or my motivations

I think he might be going by the sort of things you are saying, you know …. stuff like :

“I was engaged in attempts to start a factory out there, and was amongst the first Western businessmen to try to do business there in that way. The aftershocks knocked us back years, and got even worse when that dick Chris Patton became governor of Hong Kong and started wattling on about democracy.”

It kinda paints a picture of the sort of person you are.

And I have to say, it’s not a pretty picture.

G
    Free Member

Really?

So declaring my interest openly and honestly makes me a nasty person?? And what do you both do for a living, RSPCA inspector? Human Rights Activist? Obviously never buying any product sourced from what you consider to be an oppressive regime then??

However, moving away from the personal slurs for a moment, which other bit of my point did you not understand GG?

grizzlygus
    Free Member

However, moving away from the personal slurs for a moment, which other bit of my point did you not understand GG?

Personal slur ? I see it more as a ‘personal opinion’.

And as far as understanding the points which you are making is concerned, I think I pretty much understand what you are saying thank you.

Although I will admit that I haven’t bothered reading most of the stuff you’ve posted. I was merely attracted by a comment which RB made in one of his posts, I thought “surely G didn’t say that”, so I looked back and discovered that you in fact had.

And since you ask, I’m a building worker. I’ve never quite worked out what RB does for a living ……… sits on his ar5e all day earning fukkall, by all accounts.

G
    Free Member

Although I will admit that I haven’t bothered reading most of the stuff you’ve posted

Cheers for that, it places your comment in context.

Anyway, like I said happy to debate the point regarding Chinese human rights situation very fully, but not here, its not what this thread is about, and I’ve no intention of hijacking it. The only point I was seeking to make, is that pictures do not always convey the truth of a situation, and in fact can easily be manipulated.

There were a couple in particular that I saw regarding Tibet around the time of the Olympics which were particularly distasteful. One showing a Policeman in Blue DPM fatigues smacking the snot out of a demonstrator with a baton, over the caption Chinese Police stifle protest. The Chinese Police do not wear Blue DPM. In all probability it was a Nepalese Policeman, where they do and they do also fairly ruthlessly put down Pro Tibetan protests. The other being of a helmeted Policeman bent double running down the road dragging a bleeding man with him, over a similar caption. The same picture coincidentally was run in The China Daily, although it was the full picture and not the edited version used here, with the background of rioters throwing missiles and burning property. That one had the heading along the lines of Police save Han Chinese man from rioters. I make no comment on the veracity of either, other than to point out that only one interpretation can be correct.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Now look what you’ve made me do G, I’ve just had to read your whole post, can’t you make a few paragraphs to make the whole thing a bit more ‘palatable’ ffs ?

Cheers fot that, it places your comment in context.

Yeah, in context of what I read.

its not what this thread is about, and I’ve no intention of hijacking it

I think you’ve pretty much done that already …… when was the last time you mentioned Ian Tomlinson’s name ?

BTW I agree with much/some (?) of the sentiments in some of your posts (the bits which I bothered reading) But your comment regarding Cris Patten was a crap one imo. Yes, unlike apparently you, I was fully aware of the poor human rights record of the British Empire, I don’t however believe that it’s ever too late to do the right thing.

G
    Free Member

Naive frankly!

Regarding my lack of awareness of the democratic situation in Hong Kong, to be honest it never occurred to me that anyone would be cock enough to start lecturing the Chinese on that subject from that political position. Understandably, the Chinese governement of the day found it somewhat bemusing as I still do.

Anyway if you wish to have a pop at me or my views on that subject start another thread, I’m not going to respond again on this one

grizzlygus
    Free Member

to be honest it never occurred to me that anyone would be cock enough to start lecturing the Chinese on that subject from that political position.

Well you were indeed ‘naive’. How the fukk do you think the British empire was built ……. through a ‘democratic process’ ffs ? By very definition the countries which came under British imperial control where not democracies – they were conquered lands.

However, as Britain relinquished control and ‘the winds of change’ swept through the British Empire, Britain tried to ensure that democratic structures were in place before independence was granted. Have you got a problem with that ?

Obviously where democracy did not serve Britain’s best interests Britain was prepared to support/prop up dictators and absolute rulers. But this is something which should be condemned, not actually applauded.

btw, Start another thread to cover this topic G ? I think you should start another thread to cover the case of Ian Tomlinson, the poor fukker who was attacked whilst going about his lawful business. As I reckon this thread is now well and truly buggered.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

BTW G, the reason I didn’t initially bother reading your posts (apart from the fact that they looked long, boring, and without paragraphs) was that they appeared to have nothing to do with Ian Tomlinson.

Ian Tomlinson …….. remember him ?

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Oh look, according to my favourite paper the latest development is that……… the copper who assaulted Ian Tomlinson has collapsed 😯

Quote :

“The officer, from the Metropolitan Police’s Territorial Support Group (TSG), collapsed at his home after realising he had been captured on film allegedly pushing newspaper seller Ian Tomlinson to the ground.”

I guess the shock of knowing that he would be identified even after he had gone to all the trouble of hiding his face and removing his numbers, was probably too much for him.

People don’t realise that just because someone beats the crap out of someone else in an unprovoked violent assault, it doesn’t mean that deep down they’re not really sensitive little souls.

Officer in G20 protest death of Ian Tomlinson signs off sick

Bless.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

What’s his affliction? Anger management issues?

I really, really hope the family of Mr Tomlinson get justice.

Viewing 10 posts - 281 through 290 (of 290 total)

The topic ‘G20 Protest death – Ian Tomlinson – have we done this yet?’ is closed to new replies.