Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • G2 forks in a non-G2 frame?
  • oomidamon

Anyone tried it? I have two 29ers – a Trek Rumblefish and a Titus Fireline. The Titus has 140mm Revelations in it and the Trek has 120mm Fox so I was wondering about swapping them round. The Trek has G2 geometry (more offset) so will it ruin the handling using a non-G2 fork? I think the Trek might suit the longer travel and I’d like to try the Titus with 120mm, just out of curiosity.

khani
    Free Member

I’ve ran a Gary fisher X-caliber with non g2 forks and it was fine, so fine in fact I’m getting another, modern 29er Forks have more trail than 26 and older 29er forks (38-40mm trail) (Newer Fox f29 49mm g2 51mm) anyway so you’d probably not notice the difference,

davidj

I run a G2 for in a non-G2 Gary Fisher Rig. It works fine. A friend said he thought it handled slightly strangely but it’s certainly not going to ruin it unless you’re very fussy.

nickdt
    Free Member

Don’t tell me your San Andreas is defunct. Or at least the stickers off the Sycros Seatpost are.

nickdt
    Free Member

Oh, and I think you’ll find that Oomi was my idea.

STATO
    Free Member

Ive just fitted a G2 Fox to my Spearfish, handles really nicely, i do have a works components 1.5deg slackset on there too so its prob pretty weird for most folks 😆

turbo1397
    Free Member

Im running rp24 talas g2 geo forks on my yeti asr-5. no problems.. 😀

oomidamon

Cheers all, think I’ll give it a go.

Plums to you!

oomidamon

Post giving it a go report: Well, I’m quite pleased with the results as both bikes feel ‘better’. I guess that the longer fork on the ‘fish is compensating for the offset, and the opposite on the Titus. Both seem to steer a bit more quickly but not in a bad way. Think I’ll keep them like this for a while.

Bike designers eh, what do they know?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘G2 forks in a non-G2 frame?’ is closed to new replies.