Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • G- force knee pads user review
  • handyman
    Free Member

Had mine about 3 months, the yellow ones. yesterday i tested the effectivness of them and i can say that they most certainly do work, doing a small downhill switchback managed to fall off and strike my knee on a large pointy rock hard enough to cause a graze behind the knee pad, after a few minutes hopping about the pain stopped and we contuined onward, well today apart from the small graze and a slight bruise there is no other pain or mark, if i was not wearing the pad it would of been a A and E job as the force of the fall twisted my bars off centre and 1 brake lever upwards whilst removing some metal from caliper, They do not slip down nor get too hot and keep the knees warm in cold coditions, i bought mine a large size after measuring the knee and the fit is good

ruscle
    Free Member

I concur with this review, apart from I went a size up from what they recommended and they fit better as original size recommended made my feet numb after 30mins of use.

organic355
    Free Member

G-FORM right?

Rickos
    Free Member

Paceman
    Free Member

They come in all black now too I believe.

ruscle
    Free Member

Yep, got the black ones in October/November from their website.

Paceman
    Free Member

Can they be cleaned easily or put in the washing machine?

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

are they better than 661’s then?

FuzzyWuzzy

+1 on needing to size up
    +1 on them being very good

I also have 661 Evo’s and the g-forms are much more comfy. Washing is a doddle to, I stick them in at 40c (with the rest of my kit) and they come out looking like new (I checked with g-form and they said there’s nothing to worry about with washing them, just don’t tumble dry :p ).

budgierider67

Has anybody seen the black ones on sale anywhere yet?

mustard
    Free Member
    crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

So I am bang in the middle of the size range for large. Should I STILL size up to XL?

Budgie not only are TBC cheaper than Gform themselves they have an extra 10% STW code, STWTBC, which I assume still works.

float
    Free Member

how would they cope against pedal pins?

handyman
    Free Member

the padding is about 10/12mm thick you would need to be using some pretty long pins to reach your skin through the padding but the lyrca would stop bu@@er all

ruscle
    Free Member

I would size up as I was in the middle of medium. The problem is the elastic on the lycra edges is to tight so your feet will go numb but if you have really skinny legs then you will be ok as my legs are normal and no way considered big and I had to size up.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

thanks ruscle, guess I’ll size up to XL, just wanted to check it wasnt only people right on the limit that sized up.. I’m a skinny whippet so even the idea of needing large is ridiculous…

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

just ordered XL, £33 posted from TBC using their code, fantastic given most thixotropic armour is twice that.

Vortexracing

what code crashtestmonkey?

druidh
    Free Member

Definitely size up. I would have been a Medium according to the measurements on the G-Form website but I was in at thebikechain and was able to try them on. For me, the “correct” size was too tight on thighs and biceps.

druidh
    Free Member

Vortexracing – you have email

budgierider67

Cheers Mustard, that’s mustard!

Crashtestmonkey – Thanks for the heads up on that code.
    My mate has been using the yellow ones for months now and really rates them.

float
    Free Member

the padding is about 10/12mm thick you would need to be using some pretty long pins to reach your skin

i was thinking more about the pins punching holes in the padding…?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Vortex, code is in my earlier post, and as TBC posted it themselves in a previous Gform thread I didn’t think it was secret!

druidh
    Free Member

There are two TBC codes. STW Premier members get an extra discount (though I don’t know which one was previously posted).

Edit: Just checked and it was the normal code STWTBC that was posted…..

budgierider67

Ordered Thursday, delivered Friday 8)

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

sized up and got the XL. they felt loose so are going back for exchange to large, hope they dont cut my blood supply off….

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘G- force knee pads user review’ is closed to new replies.