Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • G. Davis is innocent OK
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Anyone who has lived/travelled in the East End of London over the last 30 odd years will no doubt have seen the ‘G.Davis is innocent’ graffiti up on railway bridges and all over the place. I grew up with seeing it, before I even knew what it was all about. Kind of part of the furniture almost.

Well, it seems he actually is.

Bit of East End folklore, the whole campaign to clear his name. He was open about other crimes he had committed, but protested his innocence of this particular offence, and it seems finally justice has been served for the bloke, albeit a few years down the line.

A bridge near me:

Northwind

In related news, M Kahn Is Bent and McCabe = Grass

uplink
    Free Member

Was that the fella who’s friends dug up a test wicket just before the test?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I think so uplink

5thElefant
    Free Member

Lets hope they don’t do him for 30+ years of graffiti.

uplink
    Free Member

So it was

weare138
    Free Member

Jimmy Pursey was right then..

Napalm
    Free Member

We had the legend ‘George Davis is inocent’ burned into the bowls green at Wordsley (West Midlands) IIRC.

One of the very few things that Sham 69 got right (Borstal Breakout & I Don’t Wanna being the others).

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes it was excellent that they released him from prison and he has vbeen exonerated from the false charge of bank robbery. What a shame that on release he actually did a real genuine bank robbery and then went back to prison for that instead.
    What am I mean to be celebrating again?

Drac

Will he be returning to Radio 1 then?

trailmonkey

nah he was all right junkyard, proper villains only hurt their own

ron & reg would have sorted it out, proper gents they was

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Gaw bless ’em and their Ma

trailmonkey

Will he be returning to Radio 1 then?

I remember Gary Davies playing ‘There She Goes’ and saying :

‘What a great new song by the L.A’s’ 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

everyone loves a homicidal maniac who loves his Ma dont they? PC gone mad when you cant I say.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What am I mean to be celebrating again?

Erm, Bob Dylan’s birthday? I dunno. Whatever you want.

Regardless of whatever other crimes he committed, he was stitched up and a miscarriage of justice occurred.

And justice has now been served properly. Which is good.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

the L.A’s

😆 +1

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’ve chatted to John Power out of the La’s in a pub in Stoke Newington a few times, DD. You know he did the ‘Fields of Anfield Road’ Hillsborough memorial song, with the Liverpool Collective and Peter Hooton out of The Farm? Nice bloke actually.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Dylan did a song about him too 😯
    yes it is excellent to see our justice system will [eventually] even uphold the rights of a known blagger and career criminal.
    I am sure we can all celebrate his right to be released to commit some more crimes as a great day for justice etc
    TBH there are far more pressing examples of innocent folk set up. As a career criminal he can hardly go on about how unfair it was i am sure folk took it in the chin. Should view plod setting you up as a career risk if you are a known wrong un
    I have little sympathy for him or the plod wot done it tbh.

uplink
    Free Member

There’ll be a party tonight for sure

A proper ole ‘knees up’ with Chas ‘n’ Dave on the old Joanna with dancin’ pearly kings n queens and evryfing

trailmonkey

G Davies’ barrister did not wholly appreciate his release party

DezB
    Free Member

Gary Davies read my name out on the radio once. I won a competition. Only thing I remember getting was a sponge with ‘Radio 1’ on it – one of those dried up ones that expands in the water.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Should view plod setting you up as a career risk if you are a known wrong un
    I have little sympathy for him or the plod wot done it tbh.

So it’s ok for police to break the law if you’re a criminal then, Junky? Two wrongs make a right, do they?

That lass with the jellied eels has lovely eyes…

kimbers

[list]its not as political but this always brightens up my m25 trips

Junkyard
    Free Member

I have not said that and little sympathy for either would normally be taken as not supporting either.

singletrackhor
    Free Member

its not as political but this always brightens up my m25 trips

peas is a tag. the rest was added after he was caught for all the grafitti.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Lovely viaduct. 🙂

skiboy
    Free Member

M khan is bent lol haven’t seen that in years , north circular if I remember , David badeel did a whole stand up on that in the 80’s hehe,

duntmatter
    Free Member

Also, Julie is a sket.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

M Khan is Bent; that drew a blank with me until you mentioned the North Circular. Was there for bloody years weren’t it?

Julie is a sket

Eh??! 😕

Pigface
    Free Member

Plank is God on the A40 classic graffiti

BillMC

I remember being perennially amused by some wag who crossed out ‘innocent’ and sprayed in ‘naughty’.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member

I’ve chatted to John Power out of the La’s in a pub in Stoke Newington a few times, DD.

John Power of The La’s was the former brother-in-law of a former girlfriend of mine (which I’m still in touch with) She was married to to his brother. She’s a scouser too, and they went to the same school – which was also John Lennon’s school apparently.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Have you met him? First time I saw him, he gave me the thumbs up cos I was wearing a Liverpool shirt. Din’t have a clue who he was, until much later. Decent feller.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No I never met him……..never met my exgf’s former husband either – it wasn’t on my ‘to do list’. But she did like The Las’s and played their stuff.

duntmatter
    Free Member

Elf, I saw it on a wall.

RustySpanner

‘Viraj Mendis is out friend’
    Bonsall Street, Hulme.

‘Fanny licking belt whippers’
    Nuthurst Road, Moston.

Graffiti brings back so many happy memories.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I think I quite fancy that Daily Mail jellied eel hating journalist lady up there actually. She looks a bit posh and conservative.

Just my type….

rustler
    Free Member

“Roger Halliwell shagged my wife”

Where does that make an appearance then ? 😉

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘G. Davis is innocent OK’ is closed to new replies.