Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fyrish – which way up and down?
  • Chipbutty
    Free Member

I had a walk up Cnoc Fyrish for the first time a couple of days ago, went up the walkers path then down the landrover track to the rear of the monument (westerly). Whats the best way up and down on the bike? I also noticed some tracks going off the southside towards Evanton. I want to venture up there again soon on the bike as it looks like it will be a blast.

Cheers

CB

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Anyone?

Chipbutty
    Free Member

bump

eat_the_pudding
    Free Member

From Evanton there are a few ways up.

Start at the path up to Novar Quarry at the back of Culcairn (NH606666)and keep going northwest. At the junction after you go under the pylons (NH599680) bear left and as you go west along the forest road, just about any right turn will take you up to the track along the top of the hill.
    Popular turns include NH595677 (very steep) NH582670 (less steep) NH569682 (less steep again but longer).

Once on the path along the northern side of the woods make your way along north east (ish) to Fryrish.

Coming down is faster via NH596695 to NH601690 (uphill to) NH596685 NH595684 NH600682 and then back the way you came.

Be careful of the “Novar 2” windfarm building which is going on at the moment and has turned many of the forest tracks into motorways.

Gordymac
    Free Member

Whats the best way up and down on the bike?

Give Me a shout 8)

Gordymac
    Fyrishbikes.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fyrish – which way up and down?’ is closed to new replies.