Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • FY56 UTE Ford Ranger beware
  • Edric64
    Free Member

The owner of this threatened a girl cyclist in the Cheddar area today .He cut her up she called him a **** so he came back blocked the road and threatened to punch her in the face .She has another cyclist as a witness and has been to the police

crapjumper
    Free Member

Must be a right hard fooker to be able to punch a girl in the face !! COCK !

BigJohn

You wouldn’t want to get punched in the Cheddar area though.

gwaelod
    Free Member

I wonder if there is mileage in an open access database where people can list registration numbers and testimonies examples of bad driving/violent behaviour, perhaps in conjunction with helmetcam footage.

Such a database would be easily searchable by insurance companies, and may influsence them in deciding whether or not to offer insurance, but it would in its own way be carthartic as well.

Obviously thought would need to be given to ensuring only genuine testimony ends up on there rather than malicious, so anonymous reports are out.

Ushahidi offers capability broadly similar to this…but is geolocation /mapping orientated rather than orientated against a database/text string field like numberplates.

Thoughts anyone?

matt_outandabout

What happens when the car (or registration) is sold, does that mean the new owner cannot get insurance?

samuri
    Free Member

There’s already a bad driver database http://www.myroadrage.com/.

Taking it to the next step and using it for insurance is a good idea but it’ll never happen. You can have video evidence of someone driving badly or even attacking you and it’s still rare they’ll get charged.

Carlton Reid recently went to court after someone deliberately drove into the back of him. He had to argue for a long time using his detailed and very coherent knowledge of the road rules/driver behaviour to win the case. If he struggles I suspect the rest of us will fail.

gwaelod
    Free Member

What happens when the car (or registration) is sold, does that mean the new owner cannot get insurance?

No..the new owner will tell the insurance company he is a new owner. A logbook can be used to confirm it.

There’s already a bad driver database http://www.myroadrage.com/.

Taking it to the next step and using it for insurance is a good idea but it’ll never happen. You can have video evidence of someone driving badly or even attacking you and it’s still rare they’ll get charged.

Carlton Reid recently went to court after someone deliberately drove into the back of him. He had to argue for a long time using his detailed and very coherent knowledge of the road rules/driver behaviour to win the case. If he struggles I suspect the rest of us will fail.

Ta for that..I didn’t know it existed. TBH I know the police aren’t interested in prosecuting drivers, I’m just wondering if there are other ways crowdsourcing and technology can be used to highlight…maybe stigmatise is the right word…bad drivers, rather than going down the law enforcement route…which as you point out..is a dead end for cyclists.

A sort of 21st century way of bunging someone in stocks or putting their face in a paper.

atlaz
    Free Member

That myroadrage.com website is a bit of a problem though. Full of unsubstantiated comments, loads of them where the person complaining has escalated the situation themselves by deciding to set a bad driver straight.

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Methinks the trolls have got to that website! Ok for a laugh, not fit for purpose though.

“I am a very proud owner of an 11 year old Ford KA, which I clean religiously every night after listening to the Archers on Radio 4. I often invite my friends round to see how clean my upholstery is, which I am afraid will be no longer possible. As I was cruising at a sensible speed of 43.6 MPH in the middle lane of the M57, a lorry overtook me whilst tooting his very loud horn, and the combination of the shock of this incident and a medical condition I have caused my to ejaculate all over my se……..”.

stumpy01

I’m sure in another European country – it might be Sweden you can report drivers for bad driving and if you get three reports you are either fined or get points.

Wonder how that would work over here? Sure it would be open to abuse by people ‘getting their own back’. Can’t be too hard to get friends to report the same driver over a several month period.

brakes
    Free Member

you wouldn’t want to get punched in the cheddar area though would you?

I’ve tried, but I can’t work out where this is. Is it North or South?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘FY56 UTE Ford Ranger beware’ is closed to new replies.