Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Future MTB mag that was killed off?
  • DoctorRad
    Free Member

What was the name of the ‘other’ Future MTB title other than Pro/World which was killed off about ten years ago?

DickBarton

MTBPro?

DoctorRad
    Free Member

Nope, not World / Pro, there was another one. And not Maximum Mountain Bike either, that was never Future IIRC.

jova54
    Free Member

Almost certainly MTB Pro as I sold all my copies when I got made redundant for the first time and that was 10 years ago.

ourmaninthenorth

Mountain Biker International?

Sim

Total?

Ben_Haworth

Yep, Total Bike. IMO.

ac282

MTB Pro got smaller and became mtb world.

IIRC there was also total bike.

DoctorRad
    Free Member

Yeah, Total Bike was the one I was thinking of, thanks guys.

edd

Not future publishing but I always liked MBi

onewheelgood

MBi was my fave – represented the grown-up alternative to MBUK that Singletrack now provides. MBR used to say ‘incorporating MBi’ for a while.

mike_check
    Free Member

MBi was the first mtb mag I ever bought, had Hans Rey on the cover hopping along a ledge high above the ancient ruins in Peru, still got in in a box somewhere round the edge of the loft!

For some unknown reason, Peru is top of my list of places to visit!

scruzer
    Free Member

Talking of old mags then, anyone remeber MTB Monthly? Lasted about 18months and too changed format near to its death, (I was owed some money for an article I writ for them and got only a few quid from their liquidators!) Andy Bently was Ed and Paul Smith did all tests/tech etc. Very ‘northern’ too. Was always my favourite til STW ofcourse. I would be interested if anyone knows what happened to the staff?

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yep I remember ‘MTB’ mag . . . all weird colours and tiny fonts. Remember falling in love with the Brave Pony which I think was on the cover of issue 1.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Future also tried to have a stab at Dirt’s target market with Rush. It was like a downhill offspring of MBUK, and lasted 3 issues IIRC.

It was rubbish.

Ben_Haworth

Maximum Mountainbike anyone?

Dave
    Free Member

Maximum Mountainbike was Andy Bentley too wasn’t it?

Sim

Maximum was ace.
    Remember that mag Future did to rival Dirt, think it lasted maybe two issues.
    *Jackthedog gets in there first, damn…*

ransos
    Free Member

I remember the MTB monthly when Paul Smith got his San Andreas. It was all terribly exciting to this 15 year old.

edd

I have issue one of the first What Mountain bike (not the one that’s now published by Future). From about 1996 if I recall correctly and only lasted two issues before it was pulled… Can anyone remember who published that?

mamadirt
    Free Member

Oh Rush – I remember that – still have the 2 issues I think. Also have the 3 issues of Grip – Jerry Dyer’s mag after leaving Dirt – remember that one? Had chocolate reviews too 😛

IHN

I remember when all this was fields.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Oh aye Grip, I’ve still got a couple of issues of grip.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

Yeah i have some copies of grip – with richie “the rocket” houseman in, what is Jerry deyer upto now and what was the reason he left/ got kicked out of dirt?

jwt
    Free Member

stonemonkey, I’ve always wonder about that too, they changed the logo after he left……….I sort of miss Paul Roberts writing for Dirt too!

DezB
    Free Member

Maximum Mountain Bike gave away a great pair of socks that are still going strong. I’ve seen recent pics of Steve Worland still wearing his too!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Maximum Mountain Bike gave away a great pair of socks that are still going strong.

I’m still waiting for mine 👿 (iirc you had to mail in your address). Who do I complain to?

project
    Free Member

Theres a new one in out in the shops at the present time, written by tame Northerners,it appears.

Great atmospheric pictures, a few adverts,and some decent writeing,Thatchers Educational policies seemed to have reached past Bimingham.

They also seem to have a forum for middle aged,middle class Audi drivers, well recomended.

The name of this magazine,SINGLETRACK, as in a narrow track.

Alcopop
    Free Member

Yeah Total bike was good Chris Duncan (Endura) used to write for them
    he also done a cracking fanzine style mag called Pump
    kinda stopped buying mags few years back
    although the Ride journal is a fantastic read well worth £7

DoctorRad
    Free Member

I remember when all this was fields

I remember when all this was lilac and orange…

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Future MTB mag that was killed off?’ is closed to new replies.