Future investment opportunities.

• This topic has 33 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by  chewkw.
Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Future investment opportunities.
  • 5plusn8

If the doomsayers are  correct and hardbrexit happens, I am super concerned for the future in the UK, socially and economically. I also think the US is heading down a bad road.

Say you had 200k to invest, how or where would you, legally,  “brexit proof” it?

mikewsmith

EU passports, well sort of legal, maybe some willing EU ladies who want to sponsor some UK guys out of the country?

Or wherever JRM puts his cash

cchris2lou

jam factory ?

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Cycling shirts that look like WWI military  clothing.

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

“brexit proof” it?

Buy to let in Tasmania?

Premier Icon oldnpastit
    Subscriber

Might be worth buying up rights to fracking locations in Scotland. Presumably undervalued right now due to the ban, but after Brexit will be worth a load more.

mikewsmith

Buy to let in Tasmania?

Maybe, but they did just hit AirBnB investors with restrictions too

Premier Icon Jerome
    Subscriber

Carbon ion batteries

Premier Icon brant
    Subscriber

>Say you had 200k to invest, how or where would you, legally,  “brexit proof” it?

The people that have the most money I know around here are setting themselves up with a nice pad in the hills, borehole, solar, poly tunnel. Next step would be body guards/private army for when it all gets a bit Hunger Games.

Not even joking.

mikewsmith

Not even joking.

What about trousers?

5plusn8

@brant -I was kinda thinking of investing not in the UK?

Companies based in high growth developing economies, or property in emergent cities maybe?

mikewsmith

https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/gold-price/

Gold is a little low at the moment

Long long term few barrels of brent crude?.

Medium – Air con suppliers

Given the uncertainty and legal issues a stake in a good law firm

Commercial property in Dublin seems like a good shout.

Premier Icon senor j
    Subscriber

Cannabis cafes and brothels.

Andyhilton

Is that two things or three?

Premier Icon senor j
    Subscriber

Just the two. 🙂

By the time John McDonnel has finished “dismantling capitalism” and borrowing a 1/4 £trillion for government “investments” this will all be academic since no one will be allowed to have any assets. We’ll all be have nots.

sillysilly

e-bikes 🙂

5plusn8

By the time John McDonnel has finished “dismantling capitalism” and borrowing a 1/4 £trillion for government “investments” this will all be academic since no one will be allowed to have any assets. We’ll all be have nots.

Well exactly, so umm something ourside the UK?

Premier Icon epicyclo
    Subscriber

Do what all the billionaires do and short UK stock, and then manipulate the markets using your paid for politicians and influencing the public with your hate media.

Double your money, no problem.

However despite Brexit being a shambles, I’m confident that eventually things will settle down. This country has come through much worse. (That’s even though I voted Remain.)

Premier Icon FuzzyWuzzy
    Subscriber

Just change it to $50k, €50k, £50k & 50k in gold and stash it under the mattress…

rockchic

According to the experts , places like Vietnam,Bangladesh,India,China ,etc are supposed to have the highest growth rates in the coming years. Tracker fund in emerging markets maybe ?

Depends what your risk/return thinking is.

Premier Icon FuzzyWuzzy
    Subscriber

The guy I sit next to noticed various Chinese funds growing 20%+ over the last few years so he switched a chunk of his pension fund into them a couple of months back, they’ve gone down 20% since…

plyphon

Put it into something nice and stable with plenty of regulation, like Bitcoin.

avdave2

Mobility scooters, just look around you at the population, there are an awful lot of them who in the not too distant future aren’t going anywhere without sitting down.

Premier Icon slowoldman
    Subscriber

North Korea.

sillysilly

If there is recession in EU/US people stop buying shiny things made in China and everyone takes a hit. Mixed currency pots in challenger banks for safety and simple index trackers seem low effort.

andrewh

Buy land. They aren’t making any more.

Mark Twain.

(before the Netherlands really got going with it)

willard

You could try buying a lot of forest somewhere nice and maybe just keeping it as an investment. Land rarely goes down in value and it will be a safe place to camp when brexapocalypse happens.

Premier Icon nwmlarge
    Subscriber

E30 M3’s, buy two, spend the rest on storage.

Sell them in a couple of years for 10-20k Profit

athgray

UK based holiday property, for example beach front apartments in Blackpool and Scarborough.

chewkw

The guy I sit next to noticed various Chinese funds growing 20%+ over the last few years so he switched a chunk of his pension fund into them a couple of months back, they’ve gone down 20% since…

We dont even invest there … 😀

Invest locally.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Future investment opportunities.’ is closed to new replies.