• This topic has 15 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by piha.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Fury v Wilder 2
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Who’s gonna win? I think a fully fit Fury (which he wasn’t last time by a long stretch) will deal with him comfortably this time. A comfortable points win for Fury for me.

transporter13
    Free Member

12 rounds of a defensive and elusive boxing masterclass… Unless wilder can land a lucky punch.
    Definitely won’t be paying to watch it though because as good as fury is, I just can’t find him entertaining too watch.

DezB
    Free Member

Fury will probably outbox him (again). I wouldn’t call a KO from Wilder a lucky punch, but it’ll be entertaining waiting for “the one” to land upon Fury’s chin, see if he can jump up second time around. Fascinating fight.

Garry_Lager

I’d go with Wilder actually – first time was deservedly all about Fury as his comeback was amazing, but I reckon Wilder will have taken a lot of confidence from that (which he needed as he obviously must know his record is extremely weak) – Put Fury down twice and finished without a mark on him.

Goes completely against the grain to pick a puncher over a boxer, but this is HW and how Fury manages to carry so little power in a frame that big is really odd. Wilder now knows he doesn’t need to respect his power, knows he has to be patient as Fury is super awkward, and should be able to take him late.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Wilder in 4 – calling it now.

transporter13
    Free Member

Dezb I was referring to fury being too skillful for wilder to land anything meaningful all fight.. Obviously if wilder is smart enough and can read fury somehow and manages to land on him then fury will be going to the land of nod for a bit

BoardinBob

Dezb I was referring to fury being too skillful for wilder to land anything meaningful all fight.. Obviously if wilder is smart enough and can read fury somehow and manages to land on him then fury will be going to the land of nod for a bit

Err, did you watch the first fight?

transporter13
    Free Member

I thought I’d pretty much summed the first fight up tbh

BoardinBob

Well it’s fair to say wilder landed something more than meaningful in the 12th but fury managed to dodge the land of nod

transporter13
    Free Member

OK then
    Firstly I’ll say that fury was nowhere near 100% match fit in the first fight which if correct would allow him to keep moving for the whole 36 minutes

Secondly.. Purely in my opinion. I don’t think that wilder actually landed those 2 punches that put fury down with full venom as fury was very clever to actually ride them well and take a lot of the force away in doing so. I’d also say that it was only due to his fatigue that fury allowed wilder to catch him in the first place… Luckily for him it was late and all the air punches thrown by wilder earlier on had tired him also.

poolman
    Free Member

No idea but Tyson fury was running down Morecambe promenade this morning. He lives nearby, apparently v chatty and happy to pose for selfies. He is massive so you cannot miss him.

johndoh
    Free Member

Transporter – you don’t find Fury entertaining???? The last fight was so absurd that the Rocky franchise would have thrown out the script. He’s a great fighter and I fully expect him to steamroller Wilder.

transporter13
    Free Member

Johndoh
    Don’t get me wrong.. Id class him as the best heavyweight at the moment..moves like a middleweight but also has middleweight punch power too which he knows..his style is negative because of this.
    He did the same in the klitschko fight.
    The last time I saw him try to fight on the front foot and land power punches he got dropped by Steve cunningham.

DezB
    Free Member

Wilder is a hard one to predict. He’s shown boxing skills against some opponents, then looked terrible against Ortiz – but still got the job done with his power. It’s another impossible to predict, change my mind every time I think about it. Anyway, it’s not til feb…
    Pacquiao is taking on Keith bloody Thurman. If that ain’t the end of Pacman’s career it’s gonna be something extraordinary.

DezB
    Free Member

Apologies for bumping the Fury thread, but did anyone see Pacquiao?
    It was a stunning performance and proved the Jeff Horn fight was an anomaly – certainly fooled me into thinking a 40 year old Pacman was done!
    Please retire now and do not fight Crawford though eh?! Although…

piha
    Free Member

Manny was superb and showed his undoubted class. He was too quick for Thurman and had far better ring craft. A dominant display and even downed Thurman in the first.

We should be asking if Mannys display could tempt Mayweather out of retirement?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Fury v Wilder 2’ is closed to new replies.