Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Furloughed, whos going back to work and on what terms
  • spekkie
    Free Member

Furlough would have been luxury for us! No work, no pay. End of.

I’ve been back for a month now, having stopped mid March and should be working flat out 7 days a week until end of September or possibly end of October – depending on the weather etc.

I’m sure a lot of companies would take the opportunity to “straighten out any staff problems” they might have….

Klunk
    Free Member

seems that my wifes company they are working overtime (time in lieu) while still furloughing half their staff.

euans2
    Free Member

I started furlough at the start of April and to date I am still on it. The aviation industry is slowly picking up so I’ve been told to expect to return to work at the start of July, to get back to work my company had designed a fly safe training package which all staff members have to sit and we have to provide a negative Covid test result and to be retested on a 6 weekly basis… I’ve been lucky as I’ve been told that my job is safe from redundancies, unfortunately the same can’t be said for all departments at my work as hundreds of employees are receiving at risk letters over the coming days and weeks… Really sad times!

bruk

Been WFH for most of it. Just 3 or 4 days actually in work. we furloughed all the at risk staff and closed a couple of sites till lockdown eased. Now busy again and different working patterns. Biggest challenge is getting people back off furlough where they have childcare issues as we really need everyone back now as those who worked through furlough now need a break.

Schools reopening would be helpful on that front but can’t see that happening before September. Even then not sure what they are actually doing to set it for September.

jam-bo

So, first two days back on part time flexible furlough after 9 weeks furloughed.

Mostly alright, deleted most of my inbox without reading it, got a couple of new projects going.

definitely an undercurrent of resentment from some of those who weren’t furloughed. Be interesting to see how it pans out.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Self employed. So basically been twiddling my thumbs for the last 2.5-3 months, though started getting proper work in in the last 2/3 weeks or so, so looks like I’ll be earning a decent wage for next month at least… Basically covid has made me thousands lighter in the pocket, with bugger all gov help, never qualified for anything, barring broo money, which was 2 payments worth of heehaw. So, been earning next to nothing, while trying to spend as little of the savings I had.

Might get a sustained run here, but who knows, we’ll see.

So not technically furloughed, more hung out to dry is how you’d describe it, fingers crossed anyhow going forward.

Least the weather was good! 😆

Paul-B

No furlough here, been WFH since sometime in March. Extremely fortunate compared to a lot of people. I work for a large manufacturer of construction equipment and we’re set up for working remotely pretty well in terms of non-production related staff. Production was suspended for 3 weeks but is running OK at the moment.

Pay rises have been frozen and the bonus scheme isn’t running next year but I’d take that over losing my job.

Nothing has been mentioned about redundancies yet, it depends how badly the markets we sell into get hit…a good percentage of our product is exported beyond Europe but obviously this is a global issue so who knows!

TiRed

Son2 is back at Heathrow. Only terminals 2 and 5 open so reasonable passenger footfall. LHR are offering up to a 37% pay cut and loss of conditions. But he is junior and on a new contract which would actually pay him more. He’s hoping to leave soon to go to uni for pilot training.

wiggles
    Free Member

Been on furlough since march (80% pay), work in a car dealership. Some of our branches are open but not us yet, been told we will be opening “soon” but I’ve only worked there for just over a year so not very secure if they start looking to reduce staff.

Kamakazie

This thread makes for grim reading.
    Lots of preemptive redundancies meaning any Gov package is likely to do little to nothing as confidence just isn’t there.

We’ve been pretty fortunate compared to most posting here. Took a temporary pay cut which has now been restored & been working right through. Select roles were put on furlough but all topped up.
    Only role specific redundancies happening at the moment and don’t hear of any wider cuts planned at this time.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Furloughed, whos going back to work and on what terms’ is closed to new replies.