Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Funking Ungrateful Neighbours! Car Crashed into content!
  • PePPeR

I have a hire car on a 5 week loan whilst doing a project for my work and my next Door Neighbor (SHE), decided to side swipe the back corner instead of paralled parking the other week. I then caught him trying to polish it out and if he’d been successful I doubt if he’d have mentioned it!

But to be fair to him I said I’d get my friend to sort out the damage which involved sanding the corner down, buying in the special water based paint, thinners and Lacquer. and it ended up costing him £120, my friends normal rates would have cost him £150.

I had it repaired nearly three weeks ago and last Friday I asked him for the money as he didn’t seem forthcoming, he then demanded an invoice as he was saying he could have got it done for £60 or £120 on the books.

Trouble was during this period a certain shop chain was going bust and we had to get all our equipment back out of them, so my own car was booked in for work on some bumper repairs, so we took the booked time for my car and I took the hire car in for repair and I took my van out whilst it was being done.

The **** numpty next door really does not appreciate all the help I’ve tried for him, as if I’d just done it on his insurance I’d have had another hire car delivered and he’d have lost some of his no claims bonus and he has a £400 excess! I even tried T cutting all the back bumper for him before we decided it was too far gone and we agreed I’d take it to the body shop!

I am so pissed off. IF it EVER happens again he’ll find out just how much it will cost him on his insurance!

All we need now is for my missus to wallop his car and I’d be well in the shit!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

FriDuy?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Take it this weekends bar b q is cancelled round at thiers then??

PePPeR

cheers darcy, edited in time!

He they have a hot tub, I doubt if we’ll be round there for that either!

donsimon
    Free Member

buying in the special water based paint

For the millionth time stop exaggerating! We started selling water based paints about 20 years ago, I imagine that in the last 20 years the market has grown to an extent that it is no longer considered “special”. 😉

chunkypaul
    Free Member

a dizzy neighbour of mine has just done exactly the same thing to my six month old company car

although now i’ve wiped the blue paint off the black door, its not that bad and you have to look for the small dent in the off side rear door panel now so can’t be bothered with discussing it with her

more **** off with her hitting it and not mentioning it to me like it didn’t happen – nice black marks down the front of her focus where the scrape happened

her new fella is much larger and scarier than me anyway! 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

A neighbour maliciously damaged my car (not realising it was mine, not that he knew me).

He dicked me around so I just went to the nearest body shop. One small claim later I got my £400 back – could have been done for half that I reckon, but he deserved it.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’d just avoid all the aggro and accept the loss. Write it down to experience.

Don’t forget it, though. He’s your neighbour. One day, he’ll need you to do him a favour. Just think of the smile you’ll give him before saying “No”…

uplink
    Free Member

With a hire car, that’d usually be a big loss

PePPeR

uplinks right, the cost to repair from the hire car company would be huge, and my company would end up having to foot the bill for their accident.

If it’s my problem and I’ve done wrong then fair enuff, but they caused the problem, I needed to get it sorted when I needed to get it sorted at the time that suited me, and him saying “I could have got it done for £60 for cash or £120 with a receipt, I’d have wanted a receipt anyway in case something went wrong!

theflatboy
    Free Member

people are ****. c’est la vie. 🙁

Junkyard
    Free Member

Another great judgement call from you
    Can I come and break your stuff whilst you chalk it up to a life experience
    TBH You have done them a favour I would be pretty annoyed with them

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Funking Ungrateful Neighbours! Car Crashed into content!’ is closed to new replies.