Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • funkier tpu jacket
  • mav12
    Free Member

merlin are doing these for £31 ,anyone got one looking for a warm jacket for winter commute worth a punt or spend a bit more ,was also thinking of the endura windchill

welshfarmer

I have had one for a while now (in red/black). Good jacket but make sure it fits. I am a large and have it in XL. It is still a bit tight under the arms as I have a deep chest but otherwise is a nice cut. It is pretty waterproof and well windproof but I find myself wet inside from sweat if it is not really cold enough. I tend to reserve it for dry-through to damp rides where temps are at or below freezing. If it is warmer I prefer to wear a light fleece and carry a thin waterproof for descents or prolongued rainfall. If it is wetter I prefer to layer up under a waterproof.

It is quite heavy when really wet and takes a while to dry out completely.

jamiep
    Free Member

As above.
    Certainly waterproof. Certainly worth it at that price. It is pretty thick and so you’ll be wet from sweat unless it is really chilly out. ‘Slim fit’ but not ‘Italian fit’, absolutely not ‘commuter fit’.

welshfarmer

Yep, price is very good. I gave £55 for mine and thought it was very good VFM

mav12
    Free Member

ok thanks for the input

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘funkier tpu jacket’ is closed to new replies.