Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 206 total)
  • Funeral expenses for Mrs Gnusmas
  • therevokid
    Free Member

done – rings a very large bell for me as this is something I will have to deal with in the very near future

so huge condolences, be strong. Thoughts and wishes to you all ….

thelawman

Done too. I’m a long-time lurker and very very occasional contributor, but this has touched a nerve.
    Best of luck Alan

lawman91

Done, thoughts and prayers with you and your family Gnusmas, can’t even begin to imagine what you’re going through.

riklegge

Done.

Cougar

Aaaand that’s the target doubled.  Six grand.

Well done everyone, you do us proud.

40mpg

Saw the original post the other day and just seen this.  Very glad to help in a small way at a difficult time. All the best.

mattwilliams84
    Free Member

Just donated – my deepest sympathy to you and your family at this difficult time. Best wishes from Belgium.

gnusmas

The minister and the undertaker have been round today to discuss the funeral arrangements. Most have been done, just the odd bit to finalise. That was tough. It has made me realise a lot i could, and possibly should have done differently.

Throughout our journey over the past few years, i have had numerous messages and offers of support, as well as the donations of money and physical items. I thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart for all you have done for us and are continuing to do to this day. <span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>I will be eternally grateful to each and every one of you for helping make Mrs G’s last couple of years a more comfortable one. </span>

I feel as if i know most of you even though we haven’t met, and those i have met it was an honour and a pleasure. I keep getting told our situation has touched all of STW. I don’t know how true this is, but if any help or inspiration has come from my threads to any of you then i no longer need to apologise for our life being shared with you all.

It has been an incredible and unforgettable journey, with lots of highs and unfortunately a lot more lows. Somehow, through your support and kind words i have found strength to get through each day and deal with whatever is thrown at me. Now more than ever.

Mrs G will be greatly missed by us all. We are all devastated and the thought of a final goodbye is ripping my heart to pieces. She always joked about me always wearing shorts whatever the weather and wished i would wear trousers or jeans sometimes. I will be wearing trousers for her one last time and she won’t be there to see it. I can only hope she will be looking down with a smile on her face.

The brightest star in the sky, Lyanda.

If any STWer would like to attend to celebrate her life, any of you are more than welcome. Public funeral is taking place at Llanelli crematorium on Thursday 12th July at 12:00pm.

sparksmcguff

gnusmas – so sorry for you and your childrens loss. Hopefully when you are able to you and your kids will be able to find some pleasure in riding your bikes it’s what seems to have kept many of us going often times. Good luck and thank you for sharing.

neilthewheel

Done…I hope, though the Share with Facebook page crashed.

orangeboy
    Free Member

I could not find the right words for the other thread but this one has reminded me what a great place this can be

tpbiker
    Free Member

Done..

No Amount of money will ever ease the pain but hopefully it will enable you to treat the kids and give them something to look forward to once the bills are paid.

ton

done

sorry for your loss mate.

keep strong for your kids.  x

duckers
    Free Member

Done. Best of luck with everything, stay strong.

gibby

Done

gnusmas

I received a book through the post via amazon from dirkpitt74 yesterday. I cried my eyes out at the note inside and the book itself titled Always With Me by Tamsin Wood. I was extremely touched.

I will be reading this to my kids when i feel i can without crying too much.

Thankyou

Ambrose

I shall be attending Lyanda’s funeral. I am thinking about taking a card, ‘signed’ by all of us. What do people think about this?

Ambrose

frankconway

Yes to ‘signed’ by all, of us.

JoeG
    Free Member

Yes to ‘signed’ by all, of us.

+1

kettlefishbanana

+1

Defender
    Free Member

+1

kennyp
    Free Member

Just chipped in a wee bit too. There’ll be tough times ahead but you’ll come through it in the end, and with the love and support of all the folk on here.

batfink
    Free Member

It’s difficult to accept that the bills still come in, and the car needs filling up.  Hoping that having a bit of extra cash on-hand helps in some small way – one less thing you need to think about at this most difficult of times.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

+1

gnusmas

Thankyou all again, your words and support genuinely mean a lot. If Ambrose would like to give a STW card, i am sure Lyanda would be touched especially after everything you have all done for her.

I had the most difficult of realisations early this morning. Due to circumstances to come there will be massive changes financially and practically. I had to give up work in March to become a full time carer. Also, the car is a mobility car. So i am now left with no job, no income from the disability side of things, no car and 4 kids to raise and support by myself. It is going to be extremely difficult to manage everything. The money raised will definitely help and as i have said before, i will be eternally grateful for, but am worried for the long term. Hopefully, somehow it will all work itself out.

I only hope and pray that we will be able to stay in this house, our family home.

granny_ring

Fingers crossed gnusmas that you will be able to.

theotherjonv

Speak to people as soon as you realistically can (or better still get friends/family to help out where they can). They aren’t as heartless as people make out, and if you talk to them and ask them I’m sure they will help out with stuff like that, so you can keep as much stability for the kids as possible.

Also the bereavement charities, Citizens Advice, all sorts of folk will give advice. I know it’s devastating but they are used to dealing with this nitty gritty stuff and you don’t need to find it out for yourself – don’t be frightened to ask.

Bunnyhop

gnumas – in a few weeks time when you have a clearer head, get to your nearest citizen’s advice bureau. They will help you to get all the benefits that you are entitled to.  This is what benefits are for, you are the very person that needs them.

There are lots of organisations out there that will help you. It isn’t in anyone’s interest for you as a family to be anywhere other than your family home.

bunnyhop x

dirkpitt74

Yes to signed by all of us .

funkmasterp

Another yes to signed by all of us. Great to see the total raised.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Done….hope you can get through this awful time okay.  All the best!

cheshirecat
    Free Member

They will help you to get all the benefits that you are entitled to.  This is what benefits are for, you are the very person that needs them.

This.  Yes to card signed by us all.  You’re in my thoughts mate

Buzzard
    Free Member

Done.

tyke
    Free Member

done, all be it a bit late

tjagain

a bit late as well but a few quid chucked in.

dashed
    Free Member

Just chucked a few quid in – sorry it’s late and best of luck for the future. As others have said, lots of help out there and STW is a great resource to understand where to start.

Dekerf
    Free Member

Just dropped a small donation in, just wish there was more i could do.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Thoughts with you and your extended family, can`t begin to envisage what you are going through, donated earlier in the week, card is a great idea, good call Ambrose, top effort Yorkshire for bringing this to the attention of the forum. Really love it when strangers club together, long live “the fellowship of man” really hope we can all pass down to our children or young peers how important this is.

gnusmas

I was contacted by lucasshmucas the other day asking for my address as he had purchased a gift for myself and my kids and would like to send it to me. This morning a parcel arrived at my door. When I opened it and realised what he had done, the floodgates opened and I struggled to stop.

I eventually braved opening the presentation box and inside was a small pack of items relating to the framed certificate within. He has named a star Lyanda. It is an extra bright star in Andromeda.

Then I read his note that was enclosed. A heartwarming note wishing us all the best, also explaining how my posts have touched him. The certificate also has on it what has now become Lyanda’s legacy. A massive thank you to him for this unbelievable gesture.

Could I please introduce to you Lyanda, the brightest star in the sky.

https://star-register.org/?search=1461018

GrahamS

Just catching up with this news and now I’m a sobbing mess at work. Lovely gesture @lucasshmucas
    Any words I can offer sound a bit hollow, but please don’t try to carry this alone. Seek strength from your kids, your friends, loved ones and of course all of us. Much love and all my sympathy.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 206 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.