Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fund Raising for Pete LLoyd
  • hedley
    Free Member

Hi,

Pete is a popular local rider in the Tweed Valley who had an accident last August that has left him paralysed from the neck down.

He’s an energetic chap, was always willing to help out at the local kids cycling clubs where he would typically be the one manualing off things and generally showing off much to the delight of the kids.

There’s a fundraising page to try and help him and if anyone can spare a bit of cash it would be appreciated. He really is a top guy who’s down on his luck. Or just say hi on his Instagram page

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/petelloyd-downnotout

naffa
    Free Member

I know Pete from back home in the Black Country and a nicer chap you couldn’t wish to meet.

I hadn’t been in contact with him much since he moved to uni in Scotland so reading the op has left me in shock tbh. He’s certainly someone that I’d raise some money for in any way I could/can.

Certainly a worthy cause.

hodgynd
    Free Member

No harm this also being on here Hedley if it raises more awareness ..but just to say that there is also a thread on the bike forum entitled ” Rider Down ” ..

kimbers

Terrible news, fast rider & great fun at races

hedley
    Free Member

Thanks to everyone who has kindly donated. Looks like there’s a lot of love out there for Pete.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

I would in general like to see more funding from the MTB world for TBIs and Spinal Injuries – I just don’t know where to start in terms of getting some funding for research going. Seeing young people in wheelchairs due to spinal injuries bothers me a lot, more so than most other disease and injuries to be honest. The funding levels are piss poor compared to other disease that affect mostly older people, whilst curing or treating it appeals to the sci-fi transhumanist dreamer side of me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Fund Raising for Pete LLoyd’ is closed to new replies.