• This topic has 20 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by P-Jay.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Fun at IKEA…..
  • RustySpanner

Went yesterday.

In early, with a plan.

It’s the only way, if I stay more than about 90 minutes I just want to kill.

Bounced on the beds, bought exactly what we’d gone for and nothing else, played ‘spot the wierdest looking couple’ and ‘angry man bingo’ , fifteen meatballs each, cheesecake and came home with my bodyweight in Daim bars.

Managed to get in and out before the daytrippers.

Built it all last night without falling out or breaking anything and just realised we both actually enjoyed the whole thing. Didn’t think it was possible.

£560 well spent, tbh.

A rocking chair, a chair, a footstool, two kitchen stools, one leg and some marshmallow Santas. Plus chocolate, obviously.

Cougar

“one leg”??

RustySpanner

Meet OLOV –  your monoped pal who’s fun to be with.

Cougar

The Cirrus Cybernetics Corporation are really branching out.

Merak

I like to go for something to eat whilst watching people trying to fit their purchases in to their cars. I love it.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member
    Bregante

So you actually went with the intention of buying marshmallow Santas?

RustySpanner

Yup.   🙂

Managed to resist the multicoloured abacus,  the stuffed toy shark, the misguided rug and the oddly flavoured novelty gingerbread.

Winner.

maccruiskeen

I like to go for something to eat whilst watching people trying to fit their purchases in to their cars. I love it.

You know that picture of the car full of hedge that was in the press a couple of days back. Well there was a couple trying to do the same thing with flatpack kitchen at the Warrington Ikea recently – packed all the way up to the ceiling and crammed up against the windscreen and poking out the passenger side window  and with a few more 6ft long boxes they were still trying hopelessly  to negotiate.I was really tempted to take a picture but I think that would have just added a devorce into the scenario, and given one of them (the lucky one probably) was going to have to walk home there was plenty of time for that later.

nuke

Sounds like my last ikea trip OP 😀…oh up to the point where i got back to the car and founded someone had abandoned their trolley which had rolled down and dented the side of my car 😐

dawson

Last time I went to IKEA I set a load of the wind up kitchen timers to random times and walked off.

redmist
    Free Member

I wonder what about the percentage of divorces caused by loading boxes in the ikea car park. I’ve come close on a few occasions!

kerley
    Free Member

Just go at 19:00 on a weekday, always empty (plus the drinks are free).  Avoid weekends at all costs.

BillOddie

We had a military planned strike to the big blue box of hell on Saturday. We moved house on Monday and left loads of built in wardrobes and are moving to a bigger place so we need A LOT of stuff!

After an hour of browsing the sofas and lounge stuff, got second breakfast (including the odd omelette), stuck the kids in the crèche for an hour, then charged round the beds, home office sections and wardrobes making our list.

Seeing as they’ll deliver our massive order for £35 quid, we left with very little bit did get the limited edition choc orange daim bar miniatures…

ajantom

I needed* some Kallax shelves a few weeks ago. In and out in 20 minutes at 9.30 on a Saturday.

Had all 3 assembled by lunch, and then went for a bike ride. True story man.

*Needed is maybe too strong a word, but my LPs needed somewhere to live.

scuttler

No boxes of re-sealable freezer bags? Chuffed it right up.

CountZero

(including the odd omelette)

What was odd about it?

Kahurangi

I don’t find ikea that stressful. Yeah it’s busy but then you just play navigate the morons, much like you do at the Supermarket.

Load it up on to our appropriately sized vehicle (we have a Tardis) then take home and assemble.

Once the nipper is big enough to put in the creche, it’ll be even easier 😀

mos

Cinnamon buns, 4 for £1.50. Om nom nom.

pocpoc
    Free Member

“I like to go for something to eat whilst watching people trying to fit their purchases in to their cars. I love it.”

That would have been us a couple of months ago!
    Stopped off at Nottingham store on the way back to York from Northampton to look at some bunk beds for the kids (they weren’t with us). Ended up buying them as well. I though it’s OK I know i can get 180cm lengths in easily with the rear seats down. Didn’t think about the width! By pure luck there was about 2mm spare on the width, however, Ikea beds aren’t 180cm long, they’re 190cm! So, no matter how far forward I put the front seats I was still about 5cm off closing the boot.
    Luckily Ikea now sell tie-down straps near the exit for £5 🙂
    About 70 miles up the M1 with the boot strapped down as far as it would go was interesting.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Ikea actually makes me ill, Wife thought I was going to faint a few trips ago. She doesn’t help though, I have a plan, she will drift off mid-sentence to look at some niknak crap and I have to wade against the tide to go and find her again.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Fun at IKEA…..’ is closed to new replies.