Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Fun 160mm FS frame?
  • aye-aye
    Free Member

You just swap the rear of the shock between short and long holes. Very easy.
    You may need 2 different weight springs, depending on sag.
    I’m pretty sure the Voltage FR in 160mm travel mode has the longest stroke length shock of any 160mm bike, could be wrong tho
    Feels good anyway

_tom_
    Free Member

Ah nice so I could just swap the back bolt over to the “short travel” bolt holes then I’ll effectively reduce the travel down to 160? Awesome 😀 I dont really get any of the technical stuff to do with shock stroke lengths so I probably wont notice any difference haha

Transporter I remember you saying you had a Voltage when i got that brake off you ages ago and was gonna email but couldn’t remember your profile name! Got a Voltage frame sorted now but may be interested in a coil depending what this one comes with 🙂

BearBack
    Free Member

Yep, JT logged 192,752m of lift assisted elevation on the bike park alone on his Voltage FR.

Tom, different shock mounts are available for different i2i shocks.
    But yes, 1 shock mount allows low or high bb options
    Whilst they give you i2i spec on each mount.. if you check Ben Walkers info on that MTBR thread, you’ll see that you can be infinitely creative and mix and match shock lengths with shock mounts to create a very different feeling and handling bike.

_tom_
    Free Member

Nice one, looking forward to this!

transporter13
    Free Member

No worrys bud

_tom_
    Free Member

I get more weekends off where I work now though so we’ll maybe have to sort out some lift sharing down to Woburn some time soon!

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Fun 160mm FS frame?’ is closed to new replies.