Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Full hydro road set up
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is nice. I like.

OK, so only a prototype, but pretty cool nonetheless!

tang
    Free Member

Bleedin’ hell!

rickt
    Free Member

That’s quality, regardless of if it will make it to market in the next few years at an affordable price, it’s good companies out their are working on future designs / enigneering like this.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Finally, I always dreamed of that being possible. Quite tempted to sell my soul and buy the whole bike….

Onzadog
    Free Member

I like it. Hydro shifters have always appealed since the SAFE shifters in the 90s.

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

Can’t wait for this to go mainstream. 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Cool indeed but a bit pointless no?

fenred
    Free Member

If you’re showboating new kit, would you let the YTS kid wrap the tape?? 😯

bratty

Hmmm, cant they find a way to shoe horn it into the lever body? I would be petrified of stacking it and breaking the lever

Sam

It’s cool and all, and I rode a bike equipped with the MTB version of those levers (at last year’s Eurobike) which were very impressive. However the future is surely electronic shifting and hydro brakes within the lever body. I suspect we will see a fully sorted system along those lines from Shimano next year.

cookeaa

I kinda think the opposite bratty. Not cramming the shift gubbins in the body along with the brakes master cylinder is a stroke of genius, every other shifting solution seems to suffer from a bit of “over-integration” the prototype uses a formula brake but who’s to say other manufacturers couldn’t do a compatible brake system where a simple lever swap gets you sti functionality.

Unfortunately I think hydraulic shifting has essentially been superseded by leccy shifting before it ever really got going.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Is the Dura-Ace wireless? How big is the battery?

If it’s not wireless, and if the battery is any hassle or weight at all, then surely this is more reliable, proven tech?

I think the acceptance barrier is the price, sadly. Oh and new gearboxes 🙂

scaredypants

that is fugly – makes di2 ultegra look good

(and I do want di2 ultegra, unlike that)

Mister-P
    Free Member

Did anyone actually buy the MTB hydro gears?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Quite likely 🙂 given the number of people who seem to struggle with bleeding a single brake…

_tom_
    Free Member

Yay, more shit to go wrong! I like my road bike for its simplicity and “old” technology. Road rim cable brakes are good enough anyway, I can lock both wheels and I don’t even have high end brakes.

Seems to be a product trying to fix a problem that doesn’t really exist, in my eyes anyway.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

hmmm why do people think locking brakes is a good thing, we worked out that it was bad in cars a long time ago.

Rim brakes are trashing my rims on my road bike. Some nice discs would be great if they work properly. Long lasting non fading brakes with control not grabby power.

takisawa2

I’ve just bid goodbye to my last set of hydraulic brakes. BB7’s offer (me) just as good modulation & power as any fluid brakes I’ve had.
    And now this.
    It’s good though. Somewhat pointless but good.
    I love seeing stuff like this.

cr500dom
    Free Member

That’s Lovely, be interesting to see what it retails at, Arent SRAM working on Hydraulic shifting too ?

AlexSimon

It’s good though. Somewhat pointless but good.
    I love seeing stuff like this.

This is my feeling too – happy to look at projects like this all day.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Wonder whether people will actually buy it at a price they can afford to make it?

I think my thoughts can be summed up as “overengineered”… Definitely a show-off product for Acros, very cool tech toy.

Sam

IIRC the mtb versions were over a grand for shifters and derailleurs.

FuzzyWuzzy

Can’t see the point now we have electronic shifting that’s well proven (although I’m waiting on the wireless version myself). Also given how much I hate bleeding brakes I don’t think I’d want the hassle of bleeding gears to.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s lovely.

Can someone make hydraulic pump and motor drive for MTBs please, so that we can have 2wd?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Full hydro road set up’ is closed to new replies.