Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Full suss bike hire near cannock?
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Back in UK for a couple of weeks. Looked into hiring a full suss but swinnos want a grand on a credit card deposit but I don’t have a credit card or 2000 bucks spare as a cash deposit. Is there any way round this?

scruff
    Free Member
    br
    Free Member

Without a CC I’d imagine you’d struggle to hire from anywhere.

willstaffs
    Free Member

Mammoth have never asked me for a credit card when I have had demo bikes!

aphex_2k
    Free Member

They would want ID and address details though surely? I’ve emailed them anyway. Good place to start thanks

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Mammoth. All good. Thanks you knowledgeable bunch of mofos. Can’t wait! Large spesh enduro booked. Haven’t ridden a full suss for yonks! Overkill for cannock but i dont care.

jekkyl

Not for the black bits on the monkey. Have fun, when are you there?

scruff
    Free Member

Theres a lot of riding on the Milford / Brocton bits directly opposite Mammoth.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Next Thurs… Not looked where mammoth is in relation to the chase… Is it far from? I’ll be driving from Wolves so might just ride around near the shop if it’s decent?

jekkyl

Milford is almost directly on the chase, at the north end near shugborough. There are hundreds of bridleways that criss cross the chase so I dare say you’d probably be able to cycle right across the chase to get the trails or a bit longer round the country roads. If you sling the bike in the car it’d be about 10 minutes tops driving to birches valley.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Cool thx. Been 4 years since I last rode the chase as I moved to Oz. Not really been off road much more than a few cycle paths and a couple of blasts over Kalamunda so really excited to get on a full suss and muddy. In fact it’s probs been 7 or 8 years since I last rode a full suss at all and that was a 26″ five pro hired from swinnos.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Went today. What an awesome shop. Guy was making coffee as I went in, offered me one so I had an espresso. Hired a bike. £40. Brand new Spesh enduro elite 29er. Pikes, cane Creek in line and 1×11. Rode thru Brocton down numerous wee trails and fire roads to ftd. Actually got bored on the marked trails and ended up back through the woods and exploring. Never ridden a 29er before. This was lovely. Great bit of kit. For a beefy 29er enduro bike i was really surprised how light it was, wws expefting more. Anyway, grewt ride and mqssive smile on my face.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Full suss bike hire near cannock?’ is closed to new replies.