• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by nre.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Full sus’ bike for £1000
  • Innes
    Free Member

I have been asked for advice for recommendations for a £1000 full sus’ bike with 4 or 5″ travel.

Are there any good offers on the go?

This seems good: Specialized FSR

A large would be needed though.

Innes

si_brodiebikes
    Free Member

Not sure if i am allowed to say but we have a few bikes (Brodie bikes) on offer for around that sort of money. Email me at info@progressive-bikes.co.uk for information if you are interested.

wors

theres the giant anthem x3 at £1100 and the trance x5 at £1000 4″ & 5″ inch respectively

RichPenny
    Free Member

Have a look on pauls cycles, they seem to have some good deals

I_Ache
    Free Member

Have a look at the cannondale prophet 2 £1075

james
    Free Member

If its the £1300 one, for £1000 then apart from the questionable colour scheme, then yes its good. The only issue might be the 100mm travel. Though the suspension design is very effective and the fork very good (a lot of hardtails last year didn’t have forks that good for £1000 RRP), the rider may want more travel, even if they just think they do, when they may not be getting any more than they would out of a 100mm one.

Innes
    Free Member

What do you think of this? Rocky Mountain ETSX

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Have a look at pauls cycles …. got myself a mongoose canaan elite , full xt … recons .. fox rp2 and full easton finishing kit for less than £1000 … Got over £500 off …. 4 inchs of travel .. excellent spec for the money

Tony

james
    Free Member

For £1100! Whats going on. Yes, its good. If they after a 4 or 5″ travel full as opposed to a 5″ one (which may imply a more hefty bike) then it should be spot on.

dicky
    Free Member

The new Boardman full susser looks good value at under a grand

Mr_hoppy
    Free Member

I’ve just got an ’08 Stumpy FSR comp for £1050 from scotby cycles. Which was nice.

BoardinBob
    mingsta
    Free Member

If you’re willing to go a little higher, a specialized pitch pro could be had for about £1200 on sale.

nre
    Free Member

Giant Trance 2 for £900 at BicycleChain (Just got one myself)

Giant Trance X3 for £930 at Wiggle with £50 of extra goods free.

The Giants are always heavily discounted at the end of the year. I’ve bought 2 Trances over the last 3 years… both been superb!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Full sus’ bike for £1000’ is closed to new replies.