Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • full patella dislocation
  • fattylee
    Free Member

Thursday I dislocated my knee for the second time in six months, still in a lot of pain at the moment but am increasingly worried as this is the second time.
    First one was back in october and I was off bike for approximately Six weeks did my physio religiously started using flat pedals and started gym to build up my core and build muscles to support it.
    I should also add me at her dislocation was due to accident it just popped out
    Anyone had a similar experience.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Done it twice myself, both times shattered the patella.
    Took me around 5 months to get the muscles back to working order ( my patellas are too small due to having CMT) but since regular cycling – touch wood – its not happened again.
    It **** hurts like a bastard, but it is recoverable.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Do absolutely everything they tell you to do and keep it up. My better half has j tracking kneecaps apparently and since her first kneecap dislocation, which caused huge trauma and swelling, it has happened once or twice a year at least. With about half requiring medical assistance of some sort as opposed to a “slip, clunk, bugger… OK it’s back in place” of the others.
    Much of the problem is due to the track of her kneecaps but it seems it’s difficult to rebuild the stability evenly so make sure you understand exactly what the physio wants you to do.

ekul
    Free Member

I dislocated mine in 2012 and was told that it will most likely happen again. I was out of rugby for about 4 months and still strap it now. Tbh the dislocation isn’t the thing to be worried about its other damage. When i did mine i tore my cartilage and my acl. Which was only picked up on in october when they did an observation op, apparently my acl was hanging on by a thread but it was an old injury as there was a lot of scar tissue.

badnewz
    Free Member

Done the same thing twice, once playing football, once playing rugby.

I recovered in about three months, cycling can actually help build up the muscles to keep it in place. But if it’s popping out with no pressure….there are operations available.

fattylee
    Free Member

Just ordered a support from Amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neo-MEDICAL-PATELLA-SUPPORT-breathable/dp/B001M04WVK/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I’m supposed to be leading a ride Birmingham to London and back for a group of non cycling colleagues mid may…. I’m hoping I’ll be back on it by then.

I have the knee clinic first thing Monday and hopefully some good news.

Thanks guys

Lee

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘full patella dislocation’ is closed to new replies.