Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Full Moxie as general duty trail bike? Any experience?
  • Gnnr

Hi. Seriously thinking about PFM as my sole trail bike, anyone got one? How are you finding it?
    I love the fit and geometry but I’m concerned that I’d quickly get bored lugging the weight around… Does the steep dear angle magically make the weight disappear?
    Local trails are the Tweed valley and Pentlands hills.

Any moxie owners around?

daver27
    Free Member

I’ve got the Hardtail version and I am seriously thinking the same as a stablemate.
    The Hardtail is epic.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered a pink hardtail moxie so good to hear you like it!

daver27
    Free Member

@fd3chris, the best colour. You will love it.

fd3chris
    Free Member

@daver27 thanx I hope so. Its going to replace a banshee paradox v3.

daver27
    Free Member

Mine is replacing my Trek Slash 9.9 for winter duties. It’s that good I think the Trek might be destined for a new home.

militantmandy
    Free Member

I’ve been using my similarly weighty (and steel) Murmur on all sorts. I would say it’ll be absolutely spot on and a hoot at Golfie/Inners.

sillyoldman

OP – don’t the guys at Pedals Bike Care have a demo you could try before you buy?

Gnnr

SOM yes they do… but no demo’s allowed at the moment, hence asking about any real world feedback… If there was ever a bike I felt needed a demo tghis is it.
    Just can’t decide if it’s too much bike or not.
    Can’t really afford the cash to get it wrong and don’t want to get stuck with a boat anchor for the next few years.
    It does fit me well but not sure how well I’d cope with lugging it around on long days out.

rstephenson
    Free Member

@fd3chris does that mean there’ll be a paradox frame for sale soon? 🙂

fd3chris
    Free Member

@rstephenson maybe but the truth is I’ve built it up and because of covid etc I haven’t even ridden it.

rstephenson
    Free Member

Shame not have been out on it. Tbh I’ve got another frame on order but its taking its time getting to me so Ive been tempted to pursue other options but managed to hold off so far! The paradox was one of those tho so if its a large raw and your letting go send me a message 🙂 (sorry op, end of hijack)

lightfighter762
    Free Member

I have a long FM frame. Tested it all last summer and in the Tweed Valley. My build with the DVO diamond fork and jade X comes in at 16kg. You are not going be fast on this climbing. Sure it is plenty supportive and comfortable and maybe on big days out that is ideal. Just sit and spin. If you really get on the pedals on the climbs I find I just tire myself out. My YT Capra climbs faster, say from the Innerleithen car park to Minch Moor. Which I still scratch my head at. It is not all about the speed up though. If you sit and spin with the FM you will arrive at the top in a good state.
    It is a really lively frame on the flat and steel has a great pop to it. It is fun to ride no doubt. Easy to place etc. It also jumps really good! Where I find it lacking is if you hit very steep rocky terrain with drops etc. I find the suspension platform packs down pretty quick. Some of the Innerleithen trails and at Caberston you will find this. It can handle it sure but I would not say it is as fun as my Capra on that type of terrain.
    It would not be my main bike. It is very well made and looks amazing. It will last longer than you. The simplicity of it and easy maintenance, massive mud clearance around the stays and all pivots is something to consider. The ride feel is fun. All round it may work for some but maybe too tame for my tastes.

relckes
    Free Member

Nice Ride in pink. Right now I am thinking about getting a Full Moxie replacing my Foxy 29.
    During my research for something new I stumbled over the Production Privee No5 that looks like having a similarly constructed rearend for me. In the reviews I read its stated, that the tires sometimes hit the Chainstays and a very noticeable flex in the rear end e.g. for heavier riders. Can you say something about this? Have you noticed something like this on your Moxie?

Regards
    Oliver

lightfighter762
    Free Member

Never ever had massive 2.6″ MSC grippers ever touch a stay on the moxie. Back end of the moxie feels pretty stiff for me. 94kg loaded up. Tweed valley riding.

Put on 27.5 tires for my GF and works a treat. Did not even change the fork. Left the dvo 29er on there. She loves it.

relckes
    Free Member

Sounds good. Do you know the frame weight as frame only?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Full Moxie as general duty trail bike? Any experience?’ is closed to new replies.