Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Full motion TV mounts
  • flyingmonkeycorps

Now we have finally got the lounge decorated I’m after a full motion TV mount to get it all nicely finished. Anyone any idea what’s good? Reviews seem to be thin on the ground and I’m loathe to hang my telly off anything rubbish.

flyingmonkeycorps

Anybody? Morning crowd? Looking at this one on Amazon for not very much money…

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Invision%C2%AE-Wall-Mount-Bracket-Cantilever-Black/dp/B003W5R9P4/ref=pd_cp_rec-ht_0/277-3304147-1079369

I don’t for a moment think it has ever been sold at the RRP, but it looks solid enough and has a decent extension.

jwt
    Free Member

http://www.futureautomation.co.uk/Wall-Mounts/Manual-Swivel
    Used to work in custom install for a short while, the above are not cheap but will do the job no questions asked, they also do electric mounts as well…………

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wolly
    Free Member

I recently put one of these in our lounge, Link easy to fit no problems so far

flyingmonkeycorps

Crikey some of those are expensive! Are they really *that* much better than the cheaper ones?

Milkie
    Free Member

What size TV, what length extension do you want?

I ended up trawling eBay for a good quality (aka heavy duty) wall mount as I needed 800mm+ extension and there aren’t many that do that length.

Mine was similar to this

flyingmonkeycorps

32″ TV, and I reckon around 500mm extension would be enough, though more wouldn’t do any harm. There’s just too much choice dammit!

nickjb
    Free Member

I bought a cheapy one from the local poundworld style discount shop. I think it was about £12. The quality is pretty poor but it holds the TV just fine and its a fairly old tele so quite heavy. The arm isn’t quite long enough though so I will replace it soon. Some of the prices for a few bits of pressed steel are crazy, though.

MikeG

I was recommended a peerless one by a relative who fits them for a living, expensive at £350 but I was needing to support a 40kg plasma TV 600mm out from the wall.
    It’s very very solid though, passed the 100kg bloke swinging from the end test well and the movement is silky smooth.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

How big is your TV? My brother had recently mounted a 55″ TV on an articulated bracket. The bracket he got was a big chunky piece of kit, very expensive and substantial, and even though it is rated for unto a 60″ screen it does deflect when extended so be prepared to faff about a bit with the installation to make sure the TV isn’t on the scew.

flyingmonkeycorps

It’s only a little 32″, according to the spec weighs 8.5 kg so it doesn’t need to be anything super heavy duty.

jwt
    Free Member

Future automation/Peerless may be overkill, until you mentioned what TV I was going for the nuclear option.
    Any old mount should do, but the cheaper ones can get a big saggy after a while……………

cloudnine
    Free Member

Vogel make some brilliantly engineered tv mounts but expensive.
    It depends on how off the wall and movable you want it?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vogels-Thin-Degrees-Turning-Mount/dp/B0044APTUS

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Full motion TV mounts’ is closed to new replies.