Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Full finger gloves
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Any recommendations?

trailmonkey

661 Comps for me. Usually lots about on Ebay.

Bimbler
    Free Member

I’m interested in this – looking at Fox Sidewinders (just cos I like the look of them really) but a bit spendy?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Troy Lee XC for me.

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

specilized range are great

mikey74
    Free Member

Yeah I was looking at some 661 Comps: Are they comfy and durable?

matthew_h
    Free Member

Same as the Captain, TLD XC on for me

mikey74
    Free Member

I’m also looking at the new Giro Xen, but can’t find anyone who’s used them, except one review on Chain Reaction.

Jamie
    Free Member

Spesh BG.

uplink
    Free Member

Mechanix for me

mikey74
    Free Member

I don’t want them to feel too flimsy: I like a bit of padding and material. I’m not worried if they get a little warm.

simonb
    Free Member

Fox Sidewinders are very good. Last well too. Can get a bit on the hot side ins summer tho.

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Endura

theflatboy
    Free Member

i’ve got troy lee XCs as well – really good glove, that.

theflatboy
    Free Member

troy lee XC is also on offer in some sizes and colours at CRC – £19 delivered…

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=25223

jimmy

i have fox statics which have been great but don’t appear to exist any more – have just been looking for a new pair myself. TLDs have felt really good when I have tried them on.

i can heartily not recommend Race Face Garda gloves, if they still exist.

Fishbone
    Free Member

Fox Sidewinders are brilliant, so are Troy Lee XC’s, avoid Sombrio, I’ve had 3 pairs and they don’t last 5 minutes???

stevomcd
    Free Member

Another vote for Fox Sidewinders. Lasted me a whole season of guiding in the Alps, no problem. Stif have last year’s going for £15 (just bought 3 pairs!).

Hairychested
    Free Member

Another Fox, TLD and Thor user here. Spesh has never lasted long enough for me.

trailmonkey

Yeah I was looking at some 661 Comps: Are they comfy and durable?

Yeah and at under £15, a bargain too.

dave_aber
    Free Member

On the basis that I’d only be wearing full finger gloves if it was chilly, 661 Storms.

Excellent, warm, pretty waterproof, not too thick.

lunge

How do the TLD’s size?

sam42
    Free Member

TLD XCs. sweet bike grappling mittens, and if you get the camo ones you can get to spend ages lookin for one if you drop it in the woods…

jackthedog
    Free Member

Sidewinders or Troy Lee XCs here too.

bonesetter
    Free Member

I think the most important thing is fit with a glove. Every glove suffers from failure and durability issues if the fit is wrong.

But, from what I’ve found, for buying gloves, this is the one time for sure to go down your LBS and try them on first, rather than e-buying

grumm
    Free Member

Just got some nice Fox Digit gloves – def second the thing about trying stuff on though. One of the few things you really need a LBS for. 😛

mikey74
    Free Member

Anyone read the gloves group test in WMB this month? I haven’t had a chance to get it yet and was wondering what they said.

Coyote
    Free Member

Got some Azonics and Mace off CRC sale. Both are excellent and were really cheap.

mikey74
    Free Member

which ones?

TheSanityAssassin

IME the 661 ones (various models – mate owns a bike shop) tended to disintegrate rather quickly (brand new pair fell off my hands in tatters within a week in Whistler). Got a couple of pairs of Dakine ones atm (1 xc, 1 DH Defenders). More durable, but still prone to tearing around the cuffs, and the carbon palm guards on the Defenders both cracked on their first impact so I cut them off in the end.

mikey74
    Free Member

Yeah I’ve heard that about 661s. Might go for some Troy Lees

akira

Big fan of Sombrio ones, Fox seem to last a while, I’ve had Spesh and Cannondale ones last not especially long before.

Lummox

troy lee xc, have been comfy and tough

skinnysteel
    Free Member

2nd Dakine. Ventilators here for summer xc duties.

paule
    Free Member

JUst got some Alloy MX gloves from Ebay – 2 pairs for twenty quid – and they seem great so far.

Best gloves I’ve ridden in are Alpinestars MX gloves. I find that MX gloves are harder wearing than MTB ones, and just as comfy.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Dakine Ventilators here too, or Fox Una/Bombers for more hardcore use.

mikey74
    Free Member

Anyone know what sizing the Fox gloves come in at?

mefster
    Free Member

Specialized BG Gloves are really good, but the velcro is pants.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’m also looking at the new Giro Xen, but can’t find anyone who’s used them,

I’ve got a pair but I’ve only worn them a couple of times, so I can’t be much help, very light weight more of a summer glove as far as I can tell so far.

charlierevell
    Free Member

I’m loving my Giro’s, got the £35 ones and theyre great.
    Little fingers are… a bit little, but they stretch and feel all lovely!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Full finger gloves’ is closed to new replies.