Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Full Finger Cycling Gloves You Can Use With Smartphones?
  • nuke

Been using my android smartphone attached to my bars for routes which has been great with fingerless gloves but now its colder I’d prefer to wear full finger gloves. Not wanting to take my gloves off every time i need to check the route etc, what full finger cycling gloves do folk recommend that can be used with a smartphone?

scotroutes

You can buy thread to sew into the finger tips and thus use any glove. If it’s one with a waterproof liner then just take care how you sew it.

acidchunks

Have a search for “Specialized Wiretap”

I had some of their summer gloves, worked well with touch screen, but then most usually do once you’ve sweated in them

johnw1984
    Free Member

I got some nice Seal Skinz gloves for Christmas that have this. Not big thick things either, more like a spring/summer glove.

dirkpitt74

I’ve got some winter Sealskinz and 100% Brisker gloves that work well.

jjprestidge
    Free Member

Most decent gloves have the conductive fingertips now. My Royal Racing summer gloves and 100% Brisker winter gloves both do, as do some cheapo ones I bought from Lidls. None of them cost more than a tenner.

JP

blokeuptheroad

Got some Endura gloves I’ve had for a couple of years which weren’t (AFAIK) advertised as smartphone friendly, but they work fine.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

as above, most new gloves are smartphone friendly but how well it works does seem to vary. My new Fox gloves seem to work a lot better than any others I’ve had.

jekkyl

Look at the DHB ones

nuke

Thanks all… clearly been a while since i bought gloves as i hadn’t realised so many now are touchscreen compatible.

Also like the idea of adapting my existing gloves and hadn’t heard of conductive thread so thanks scotroutes

Bez

Simply zip-tie some frankfurters to the fingers of your current gloves. Hey presto, smartphone compatible gloves plus protein snack.

moose
    Free Member

Bathroom sealant. Squidge some out and rub your digit in it. Make sure it’s an even thin layer on the pad. Works a treat on any glove.

trademark
    Free Member

Also, check for “glove mode” in your phone settings, it makes the screen more sensitive.

jam-bo

Some are better than others. A pair of specialized gloves have the touchscreen part halfway down your finger rather than on the fingertip which makes it hard to use. Dakine ones were better but not great.

Just got a pair of sweet protection gloves that are much better.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/defeet-e-touch-neon-dura-gloves/ work, but they aren’t designed for really chilly temps, much more suited to approx 5-15C.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Full Finger Cycling Gloves You Can Use With Smartphones?’ is closed to new replies.