Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Full Fat Friday – top notch snackage edition
  • binners

Good afternoon fellow members of the calorie appreciation society

This weeks FFF is in honour of the guy I’ve been working with this week who brings a massive bag of peanuts in with him every morning and throughout the course of the day will tip his head back (like the old flip top head advert) and just pour the bag into his gob. He’s my new hero. He goes through one of these every day…

Anyway… I started the day with a sausage, bacon and egg barm, grabbed a dirty Ginsters and a packet of Seabrook Worcester Sauce (best. Crisps. Ever.) for lunch and it’s jerk chicken and chips for tea 😃

What’ve you got then fellow porkers?

Let’s ‘ave it…

cvilla

A bit late for elevenses……;)
    Just had home made Welsh cakes:) (albeit Mrs CV said they weren’t the best, at least home made, just add more butter:)

binners

Oooooooo… I do love a Welshcake or 12!

When we were in South Wales last couple of summers, we got into this place in Solva… Mamgu Welshcakes. Their breakfast with Welshcakes were a thing of joy and wonder.

Nice place to sit and eat them, by Solva harbour after a ride. You even get your own baby Robin! 😃

Baby Robin

fazzini

Appreciate the lettuce and tomato isn’t up to FFF scratch…but it is bacon 😁

binners
    kelvin

Bacon and egg butty for breakfast. Was awful low fat bacon (at the request of my other half). All bacon is good… but not all bacon is created equal… yellow English mustard covers all ills though.

[ need peanuts now ]

kelvin

Hold up… WHY CAN YOU NOT BUY MUSTARD FLAVOURED PEANUTS???!!?

fazzini

WHY CAN YOU NOT BUY MUSTARD FLAVOURED PEANUTS???!!?

£million idea right there @kelvin! I’d buy them. Currently enjoying my post-pedal recovery regime of scampi nik-naks and shiraz 😂

binners

I want mustard flavoured peanuts now!

You know what you need to do @kelvin

ton

just seen this.

hefty day again

egg and beans on toast.

greggs sausage roll at mile 10 on todays ride.

fish n chips and breadcake at mile 25

bacon egg and black pudding sarnies for tea after 30 mile ride

i am a sinner.

jag61

Hold up… WHY CAN YOU NOT BUY MUSTARD FLAVOURED PEANUTS???!!?
    Not sold as mustard flavoured but got some m & s Katsu coated nuts or something,now I like good English mustard but these things were hotter in a mustardy way than anything I’ve had and i chipped a bloody tooth.

mattyfez

WHY CAN YOU NOT BUY MUSTARD FLAVOURED PEANUTS???!!?

What you need is wasabi peas. Basically like super strong horese-raddish.

kelvin

Love Wasabi peas. Still want English mustard peanuts though.

halifaxpete

Bacon sausage and egg sarnie this morning, Sausage roll for lunch and a chippy tea. No regrets!

binners

wordnumb
    Free Member

toast

it’s my bread & butter

literally.

kiwijohn

Lunch today is home grown tomatoes on home made sour dough.

Om to the mother flipping Nom.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’ve got an English pal visiting me in Scotland. He now lives in Denmark.

Our task for the day has been sampling all the weird shit from the wall of crisps at the Scottish Co-op.

So far we can impart the following –

Tangy Toms – 4/10, basically slightly sour Corn Pops

M&S Onion Rings- difficult shape to eat, no flavour 4/10

Golden Cross Onion Rings- 5/10 racist representation of the French on the packet, but only 30p. Odd texture, quite onion, makes a big deal about containing no MSG but needs more MSG

Walker’s Squares, Salt and Vinegar – right amount of salt and vinegar, stingy, weird texture

Spicy Bikers – 7/10 good flavour, curious texture, Wheely good.

Scampi Fries – 8/10- main ingredient is oil so guaranteed to be good.

Beefy Hula Hoops – 8/10 – can see why we didn’t like these as children, mature flavour. Would go well with cheese and port.

Pickled onion monster munch – 9/10- right amount of MSG,burns the mouth. Joyous.

Spicy monster munch- 10/10. Perfection

Rounded off with a curry with Keema Naan. Got Smith’s Chip Sticks, Skips, Nice and Spicy Nik Naks, Transform-A-Snack and Worcester sauce French Fries to try tomorrow after a fry up. Couldn’t find any Snaps unfortunately. It’s going to be difficult to beat the Spicy Monster Munch but we’ll let you know if anything bests them.

Houns

+1 for mustard nuts

(Maybe pour some mustard powder into a packet of salted nuts and shake?)

fazzini

Now I know I’m cheating on 2 points:

1. It’s not Friday
    2. I’ve not had bacon or mustardised nuts

But, here is today’s rugby watching selection:

wheelsonfire1

Well, the rules have been well and truly broken!
    So, on Super Saturated Saturday I’ve had fruit and yogurt for breakfast (yes I know), just eating very fatty smoked back bacon fried with pre-cooked potatoes and beans. Eggs, chips and peas for tea!

ton

i am detoxing from bread today.
    porridge for breakfast.
    and home made 7 veg soup for lunch.
    homemade burgers and salad for tea.

no beer today.

fazzini

Eggs, chips and peas for tea!

You’ve won. 😁 Mmmm egg and chips

Houns

3 x pints of HPA (and yes, tipsy already due to stuff)

2 x bags walkers cheese and onion

Shall have one more pint and stumble to supermarket on way home, I cannot confirm or deny that I May look at peanuts and mustard

binners

@fazzini – we discovered those Morrisons Jalapeño crisps not long back. They are AWESOME! 😀

stumpyjon

Mentioned last night to wife and daughter (who’s training as a ballerina) that I’d never had a Greggs steakbake. I’m not sure who was more offended, I was suitably chastised.

Tonight it’s homemade sour dough pizzas and a significant quantity of Malbec (or I may fall asleep after 1 glass as a result of riding 40 miles this morning). Nibbling on bar B que corn things at the moment. Not convinced about them to be honest, prefer the ones you get in Aldi.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.