Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Full Fat Friday – Scorchio Edition
  • binners

Morning fellow porkers

It’s a bit warm out there, innit? I do hope this isn’t going to interfere with our calorie-laden Friday traditions?

While it may appear sensible to opt for a salad in the face of this overbearing heat, what that would really be is cowardice.

Surely what this weather really demands is a pie? Thats what I’m thinking anyway. I’m off to Greggs. Chicken and mushroom pasty and a sausage roll chaser, I reckon 😀

Whats everyone else opting for then?

Yak

Pie? Too hot for pies. Magnums are what you need. But obviously they are really expensive, so get down to Lidl and get a box of Minimums:

minimum

ta11pau1

And as they’re only half the size, you can have twice as many!

Drac

Pub lunch later as it’s the Sis in Law’s birthday.

fossy

BBQ this evening.

reeksy

Kangaroo salami pizza with a double ipa and imperial stout.
    Job jobbed.

binners

Magnums are what you need.

My daughter would fully concur. She’d happily live off Mag-er-nums as she used to pronounce it when she was a kid, so what we all still call them now

We’ve no Lidl nearby, but get the Aldi versions

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Im at the inlaw’s in Germany. She is fanatical about feeling us well, which is great as my kids currently eat stacks.
    On hearing that she’s only bought 37 Bratwurst for tea, my son started discussions on what might fill the gap for the 5 of us.

Lo and behold some Filet steak and Sirloin steak was produced from the freezer and cooked in Butter and a variety of herbs from the garden ( they’ve got a 3 foot high rosemary Bush!)

With the addition of potato salad, sauerkraut ( natch) chips, bread and Helles there was plenty. Since the bigun had 3 steaks to eat he took it easy on the wursts, so the wean had 11 to himself.

As my dearly departed FiL once said to a confused B&B owner in England once ” No thanks, we don’t want any more food. We’re fed up”

doris5000

Actually stopped WFH yesterday afternoon for half an hour to flop on the sofa and eat a Magnum!

It was great

tomhoward

Oven just warming up for this.

Houns

Just got to the pub for a few pints of HPA in the beer garden (Pimms in beer garden was yesterday, well what else am I going to do with my days off in this heat?). Shall wonder home via the supermarket to pick up some filth. More than likely will include a pack of these

They’re like crack, but could do with some actual wasabi kick

daviek

At work and the galley had a choice of fish, macaroni and cheese or stovies so it was a plate of stovies and oatcakes for me but much to my disappointment there was no beetroot to go with it :/

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I had three bacon sandwiches for lunch with a pile of baked beans for dunking.

Kryton57

Had a **** it moment and ordered a Papa Johns pizza for the kids, with a side order of cheese and pickle bread.

I’m now off to find those Wasabi peanuts…

monkeyboyjc

Packet of bacon flavour crisps and can of Coke zero for me 😁

binners

@Kryton57WTF is cheese and pickle bread?!!

And why have I not tried it?! That sounds awesome!!

Spud

On-call again, so will be 0% beer, frankly so long as it’s ice cold I ain’t bothered and it’s hydration for Refereeing tomorrow for first game of the season, going to be blooming awful.

Kryton57

@Kryton57 – WTF is cheese and pickle bread?!!

And why have I not tried it?! That sounds awesome!!

Its like a pizza, with Branson pickle: https://www.papajohns.co.uk/stores/enfield/sides.aspx

Note they also have Marmite, and Hemp versions!!! I’m willing to put some money on the fact you’re ordering at least two of those flavours for tea tonight…

kelvin

I timed my morning ride to be at Trevallick’s when they opened at 9am. Bacon butty (classic) followed by a white chocolate and raspberry tray bake. With. Coffee of course. Water with cucumber in it (I know salad is against the rules, but okay when in a drink I feel) to refresh.

The weird thing (for some people, not me) is that they have two big old pigs you can watch while you eat your tasty pork products.

Kryton57

I know salad is against the rules, but okay when in a drink I feel

Hmmm, I dunno though. If you’re going to mix Cucumber salad with liquid it should at least be in Gin

Houns

Or Pimms

ElShalimo

Get a tall glass, drop in a big glug of white port, loads of ice, add tonic then shove a slice of lemon in it

the perfect salad recipe on a hot day

singletrackmind

I timed my morning ride to be at McDonald’s before they stopped doing breakfast
    Sausage and egg mcmuffin, hash brown, coffee al fresco in the sunshine
    Living, The. Dream.

seadog101

In the queue at the chippy.
    Two large cod and chips, mushy peas.
    Scraps ? Oh go on then….

duncancallum

Went to my local purveyor of meat and ordered a 100 quids worth for a bbq and whilst I was there…

A breakfast pie was snaffled

MoreCashThanDash

Feeling a bit of a lightweight – rode to a cafe for a huge chunk of tiffin, ham, cheese and sweet chilli toastie for lunch, with a side order of Walkers cheese and onion, and I fear a healthy tea.

However, MrsMC is away tomorrow, and I have plans to have quality ti.e with the kids involving a full English for breakfast snd Papa John’s for tea. Whether the kids want it or not.

Kryton57

Papa John’s for tea.

I had the leftover cheese and pickle pizza for dinner/tea, and it was a nice cold as it was warm.

Just sayin’

myti
    Free Member

Plaice and chips sitting on a bench watching the sun set after a swim in the sea. Now Henny’s cider in front of the tv with all the windows open.

binners

At the risk of destroying my reputation, I cooked Indian spiced monkfish and prawns with a nice salad (smothered in salad cream, obvs).

It was bloody good

Tell me it’s not true

I’m now going to eat my own body weight in cheese 😃

alpin
    Free Member

Two Franziskaner Weißbier, three Doom Bar and a big pack of nuts.

frankconway

alpin, why bother with nuts?
    Just stick with the Franziskaner.

rOcKeTdOg

Battered chips FTW
    PXL_20220809_183504714

slowoldman

Franziskaner Weißbier

Just the ticket yesterday, along with a Chinese takeaway as I couldn’t be arsed cooking.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.