Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Full Fat Friday. National Pie Week edition
  • binners

What’ve we got then folks?

I’m thinking of popping out for a chicken and mushroom pie, possibly with a sausage roll chaser

What delights, pastry-based or otherwise, have you got lined up to ease your waistline into the weekend?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Just popping some braising steak in the aga dahhhling. Will be a pie by supper time.

fasthaggis

Yup,it’s a double pie week.
    Venison mix in the slow cooker,hopefully son#2 is keeping an eye on it.
    Pastry (short crust) blind baked last night and all ready for later.
    Kinhardliwait
    👍

p7eaven
    Free Member

I want another Higgidy cauli-cheese and broccoli pie, as the memory of the first one is still golden. As was the crust. Still on offer too 😍

Want it with gravy, roasted carrots and baked spuds this time around.

Mrs P is having the one pasty from Ginsters (Moroccan veg) which I agree is delicious (oven-heated).

Have some Cauldron Lincs sossies left over too, so they will probably get in on the side with more (onion and Dijon mustard) gravy.

skellnonch
    Free Member

Steak & Oyster is the gold standard for me, nom

ton

been out for 20 miler, and just eaten a sausage and tom butty.
    and now going for beers in town.
    retirement is good.

Houns

I want another Higgidy cauli-cheese and broccoli pie, as the memory of the first one is still golden. As was the crust

Guess what I have in the fridge to go with a portion of rumbledethumps too

p7eaven
    Free Member

^

@Houns
    – Sounds ace. Could I make rumbledethumps (never before heard of it/had it) with potatoes, parsnip, red cabbage and smoked vegan cheese? (is what is left in the fridge IIRC)

Houns

I imagine so, this is just the pre-made stuff sainsburys sell, I’d normally call it bubble and squeak

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Full Fat Friday. National Pie Week edition’ is closed to new replies.