Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Full Fat Friday. And a particularly good PSA. You’ll thank me for this
  • binners

Its that day of the week again, fellow porkers

And I’m off down to Aldi

Theres none left online, but I’m going to see if theres any in store

So what are you lot having then?

ton

mrs ton made me, bacon black pudding 3 x eggs and beans this morning.
    we went out on the bikes,and shared a huge scone, with jam n cream.
    and lunch is gonna be a sausage butty, sausages left over from last nights bangers and mash tea.
    god is good………. ;o)

monkeyboyjc

One of these

feed

Had a look on the Irish Aldi website to see if they had the same offer, no luck, but they have this

https://www.aldi.ie/red-heart-cast-iron-casserole-dish/p/717479573209401

Truly, nothing says “our love is still alive” quite like a heart shaped Casserole dish 🙂
    Who on earth comes up with this stuff.

tomhoward

Chicken Big Mac meal for me today having had my planned lunch at 730… 7/10.

Not sure what’s for tea.

Kryton57

Chicken Big Mac meal for me today

+1, I now have McFarts.

binners

Whats the verdict on the chicken Big Mac chaps?

I think I may have to swing by the golden arches tomorrow to sample the wares

tomhoward

Pretty much as you’d expect really, a regular Big Mac but with 2 big chicken nuggets instead of burgers. Nice enough, but not life changing.

robola

Well it might be life changing, but not in a good way.

MoreCashThanDash

Not seen the Chicken Big Mac, but did try a McPlant this week, which was pleasant enough.

Been out on the bike this morning and drifted to a cafe I hadn’t been to for ages. The small breakfast was relatively small b ut perfectly formed.

ElShalimo

@Kryton57

+1, I now have McFarts.

There is coffee all over the monitor and keyboard now

😆😆😆

pondo

^^^ Small cooked breakfast for the win – a big one kind of ends the day for me, I can’t do a thing!

Remnants of last night’s sausage casserole on a baked spud with mini eggs for desert, nom nom. 🙂

Cougar

Truly, nothing says “our love is still alive” quite like a heart shaped Casserole dish 🙂
    Who on earth comes up with this stuff.

You know what they say. The way to a man’s heart is through his ribcage. Or something.

Kryton57

Pretty much as you’d expect really, a regular Big Mac but with 2 big chicken nuggets instead of burgers. Nice enough, but not life changing.

My opinion mirrors that exactly. I had to go for a walk to ease the (gas) pressure.

zilog6128

Not seen the Chicken Big Mac, but did try a McPlant this week, which was pleasant enough.

I thought it was **** awful! Thin and insipid and not remotely “meaty”. I note they say “co-developed with Beyond Meat” rather than it actually being a BM patty (which are great!!)
    In contrast I found the KFC vegan burger virtually indistinguishable from the chicken one! Which is both good and bad 😬 🤣

chrismac

Aren’t all beef patties plant based given that cows eat grass🤣🤣

tomhoward

I had to go for a walk to ease the (gas) pressure.

I didn’t do this. A quick comfort break just now almost resulted in cracked porcelain, such was the built up back pressure.

Gave me the shock of a lifetime!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

THe long haired general is out for tea so i reckon me and the lads should get all spongebob and make Crabbie patties. Jalapenos and chilli gerkhins in mine!

Sandwich

The way to a man’s heart is through his ribcage. Or something.

Depends on how long the blade is you’re using as to where you start.

scuttler

Chicken Big Mac

Frankly didn’t work for me.

binners

For Big Mac fans, I’d recommend this from Aldi. As close to a Big Mac sauce as you can get

MoreCashThanDash

That’s two things to look for in Aldi when I’ve dropped daughter at gymnastics….

willard

If that is all you are shopping for, you need to have a stern word with yourself.

And then go and have a look for any leftover packets of those German-style gingerbread cookies covered in chocolate. There is no better reason to visit Aldi or Lidl than those cookies.

kelvin

Lebkuchen. And yes, you are spot on there.

b230ftw
    Free Member

Now don’t flame me but please try this. I once had left at my house some really cheap sausage rolls which I’m not normally a fan of, I like something half decent, at least Sains own brand – you can imagine how cheap these ones were I was given.
    I had a moment of pure heaven sent genius and tried them dipped in salsa. Oh my word it was amazing. It brought the lowly sausage skank roll up into the realms of the gods. I’ve no idea how, must be some sort of pork/tomato alchemy.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Today I had two rolls with bacon and haggis, finished off with millionaires shortbread and some irn bru. I’ve been good all January (mostly) time for a treat. It was smashing btw.

kelvin

We have a winner!

Stainypants

@binners They had them in mine the other day if you can’t get one I’ll go see if it’s still in. On the other hand my shares in Greg’s will plummet.

scuttler

For Big Mac fans, I’d recommend this from Aldi. As close to a Big Mac sauce as you can get

Deserves its own PSA

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

MrsH saw the saussi roll maker for a tenner and did not buy it. I’m not sure what to say

MoreCashThanDash

Sausage roll maker in Ilkeston Aldi, but not the burger sauce.

MoreCashThanDash

MrsH saw the saussi roll maker for a tenner and did not buy it. I’m not sure what to say

Relationship counselling?

singletrackmind

What spade for patio refurbishment?

Treated myself to 3 of those jumbo crumpets. Very nice with jam, but fill the coral reef like voids with melted vintage cheddar and grill, top with a teaspoon of chutney o m g. Food nirvana.

I habe somehow been losing weight amd am regaining some semblance of a flat stomach but this discovery could be a serious set back

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Full Fat Friday. And a particularly good PSA. You’ll thank me for this’ is closed to new replies.