Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Full fat emtb vs sl
  • sambuka
    Free Member

If you already have an emtb how much are you tempted by the levo sl?

How much would you miss turbo mode and all that extra power?

Tracey

Very rare I use Turbo. Mostly run it in Eco. Not tempted at all and don’t have room for another bike.

fatbikedog
    Free Member

I had an sl to demo for a day. Bought full fat which I ride mostly in Eco.I think it depends on your weight and how you ride.I am lightweight and have had 35 miles from 500 w battery but its good to have trail and boost available. You definitely need a proper demo.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    towzer

When I lifted it up very

When I test rode it – less so, very crunchy gears and didn’t like the brakes (nor the price of what you get) and I felt the motor jerky compared to e8000

Overall I’m not going to buy one, but really glad it’s been developed, hopefully somebody else will do a Shimano gears/braked one. 17/18ish kg with a 500 battery (that takes bigger options), with a motor that can be rebuilt.

konanige

Tried Kenevo, Levo and Yt went Levo SL! Not ‘Bonkers’ powerful like the others but takes the strain off my knees and assists enough so that I still want to get out after a hard day on site, and I can keep up with the fit boys. Bonus is it handles just like my analogue bike and you don’t need a block and tackle for the gates on those cheeky night rides!

E bikers that only ever ride in eco baffle me a little bit.

Yes, I’ll ride ‘mostly’ in eco, but for those climbs you’d never get up, or just for a bit of fun – it’s there, don’t be afraid to use it.

But each to their own

escrs
    Free Member

Ive had a 2017 Levo, 2018 Kenevo and now on a 2020 Levo

I went on the first Levo SL demo day Specialized organised in the Surrey hills a couple of months ago (Was also present at the Specialized open day at their UK HQ a month or so before)

So i normally ride the Levo in Turbo everywhere, cant remember anytime it wasn’t in Turbo

So on the open day i rode the SL in Turbo only, it was more of a work out, i struggled a little on the hills later on in the day, i also noticed it was much nicer to throw around, the speed limit cut out was less noticeable and it was easier to pedal over 16mph compared to the normal Levo

What it made me realise is that in the last two years my fitness has dropped considerably (new baby means i went from 250 miles a week on a normal bike to 20 miles a week on a e-mtb)

If i were choosing a new e-mtb today i would seriously consider a Levo SL but it would have to be a frame, motor, battery and associated wiring kit only option, Specialized e-mtb’s are poorly spec’ed considering the price of them, the wheels and tryes are crap (loads of complaints on the Facebook page) crap dropper, plus some other known issues around the rear end design (mud and stone build up causing damage) best to make sure your dealer gets all the revisions fitted before you collect

supermike306
    Free Member

Had an original levo then kenevo, now levo sl.

SL is poorly specced for the money-most parts now removed and built up a hardtail frame for wife. Now has coil suspension front and back, shimano gears and brakes…

Horses for course though, full fat is great for maximum mileage/hill assistance but sl is more of a mtb experience and handles great. Motor is a bit noisy though.
    On the whole love the sl

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Full fat emtb vs sl’ is closed to new replies.