Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Full Facer or Dropper post for the Alps
  • eyerideit
    Free Member

Which of the above would be the most beneficial?

M1llh0use
    Free Member

depends on how often you crash and where you normally ride.

personally i’d go for a post.*

*please note, i’ve never been to the alps 🙂

nickjb
    Free Member

Totally depends on your riding. If you are down-hilling then a FF is pretty important and with the lift to get you back up you can leave your post slammed. If you are riding XC then the dropper would be handy and FF not really needed.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Furious

I took both to the alps. I ‘used’* the dropper far more than the FF but the one time I ‘used’ the full face I’m pretty convinced it either saved my life or saved me from a very nasty head trauma…

* I wore the FF all the time

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Depends where you are going and what you will be doing, along with how you ride and what your going to do when the holiday rush hits you.

DH/FR/XC/Trail/AM/whatever/Mincing?

In some place the Alps is like the UK just longer, in others it’s bonkers. In some places you have to ride up the hills, some just along and others down all day.

It’s like asking what tyres for wheels

Edit from google
    298,128 km²
    Alps, Area
    243,610 km²
    United Kingdom, Area

It’s a big place and not all the same

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

Both, get your dropper from germany, and use the savings to buy a FF.

CheesybeanZ

If it’s about budget get a FF and quick release seat clamp .

BillOddie

I have ridden “All Mountain” trails in the Alps with a XC helmet and no dropper (they weren’t really available then).

IMO you’d not miss the dropper, but I would suggest a Full Facer might be a very good idea.

superfli
    Free Member

Careful with a dropper on the lifts. The lift attendants can accidently damage them. My reverb cable was torn from the post mount by a lift attendant in La Thuile. Post was stuck at full height for my journey down! Always pack a spare seatpost in the car – which fortunately, we had. TBH I didnt miss it too much.

Northwind

Depends on your alps. I’m going back to White Room, won’t be taking my full face, might well not take my dropper post either as I barely used it.

Trimix
    Free Member

+1 Superfli

nickc

Depends

Hitting he DH all day? then you’ll need a FF to hang on your bars when you prop your bike by the burger van

Dropper post will make sitting on the bike admiring the view nicer….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Full Facer or Dropper post for the Alps’ is closed to new replies.