• This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • full face, inexpensive, narrow fitting.. pick 3?
  • nedrapier

Booked a day’s training, then realised I needed a full face helmet. Happy to give up ultimate comfort, light weight, ventilation, fancy doodads like magnetic closures. I’ll be using it once in a blue moon, just need the protection, and something that fits.

So Brand X, 661, 7iDP are in the running for starters.

Anyone know if these are narrow/long or rounder fit?

Currently using a Bontrager Quantum, I’ve had Spesh Tactic before that, but they seem to have gone for a rounder shape, hence moving to the Bonty.

Cheers all!

nedrapier

Currently using a Bontrager Quantum, I’ve had Spesh Tactic before that, but they seem to have gone for a rounder shape, hence moving to the Bonty.

missed the context – those^ are open face, and Bonty don’t make FFers.

crab
    Free Member

I picked up a bargain THE full face from JE James after seeing a recommendation on here- absolute steal at £35. They’re still showing stock although didn’t check sizes. The large I got is definitely on the narrow side, it’s quite tight around the jaw.

nedrapier

Aw! Would have been perfect!

Only large left, and I’m definitely not a large. I’d have happily taken the gopping yellow for £35, though!

luket

“Oval” type head here, so relatively long and narrow. But also very big. Of the FFs I tried Troy Lee was the best fit for me. Mine wasnt cheap though.

nedrapier

Ha! TLD not on my list!

Currently browsing moto lids…

crab
    Free Member

Ned they come up pretty small, I’m normally a med/large and this actually feels a little too tight, I’d say their large is more like a medium.

Yak

The 7idp fit is narrower than something like a Bonty or Giro fit. I had to size up from medium (bonty quantum mips) to large with the 7idp because of this. It’s a comfy enough lid, but gets hot quite quickly.

DrP

borrow one perhaps???
    I’ve a fancy TLD full face (you ain’t putting your stinky mug in that)… but i’ll see if i can find my older 661..you’re welcome to borrow that if i can find it?
    I’m coming up to near you this weekend anyway..

DrP

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘full face, inexpensive, narrow fitting.. pick 3?’ is closed to new replies.