Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Full coverage 27.5+/29er mudguards
  • shedbrewed
    Free Member

Morning campers.
    I use my chubby 27.5er mainly for towing my lad around in his trailer. It’s come to the time of year where the slarr gets flicked up the front of the trailer pretty swiftly and a decent rear mudguard would be really useful. Problem is, the only ones I’ve found such as the SKS Velo 65, don’t quite go down far enough (think level with the axle), or are quite wide enough. I appreciate looking for a mudguard like that for a mountain bike is somewhat idiosyncratic but it would be really useful.
    I found a few threads on mtbr where fatty riders had self-built/modified standard and motorcycle guards, but before I engage on yet another project it’d be nice if there was something off the shelf.
    Help?

bedmaker

Shiny

or

Fat

I’ve extended mudguards to get proper coverage by pop riveting a plastic section onto the end. LAs one I did was using a Mucky Nutz type thing. Needs to be reasonably flexible.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Superb, thanks loads

blurty

Mudhuggers – look crap but work well

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Mudhuggers and their ilk don’t cover far enough around.

middleagedmadness
    Free Member

Rear mudhuggers works great on my 2.8s but the front without the extender is a bit of a waste of time ,I’m still covered head to toe in muck after every ride

tomaso
    Free Member

I think Bedmaker has confirmed your suspicions. Motorcycle guards are what you need to stop the trailer and your boy getting splattered in muck.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Full coverage 27.5+/29er mudguards’ is closed to new replies.