Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fulcrum Red Power 29er Freehub
  • gavrobb
    Free Member

Anybody have any experience with these freehubs please?

FHub body fell off and damaged the pawls – I’ve managed to source pawls and rebuilt the f/hub body but there is no real ‘fit’ to retaining the fhub body on the axle. I would assume that its supposed to be a better interference fit than it is with the 12mm adapter end cap on there but maybe I’m missing something to retain the body? I’m not seeing much there to stop it all falling apart quite easy again.

Thanks

devash
    Free Member

There should be a nut and seal cap holding the freehub on to the axle. It shouldn’t be able to drop off. Sounds like something’s missing.

Any chance of posting some pictures?

gavrobb
    Free Member

Thanks devash for the advice – Fulcrum manual is in the following link. Page 24 is the one – no sign of any retaining device…

http://www.fulcrumwheels.com/system/documents/files/TECH_MANUAL_2012_FULCRUM_OFF-ROAD_ENG.pdf

devash
    Free Member

That’s really interesting. I have the same wheelset but in 26″ variety (page 15 of the tech manual) and it uses a nut to keep the freehub on.

Judging by the diagram for your hub i’m presuming that it must use the thru-axle to keep everything together. If thats the case then I wouldn’t know what to suggest. Maybe an extra washer / spacer to keep everything tight?

gavrobb
    Free Member

Thanks devash – thats usually the case with traditional QR’s – nut on a threaded axle. The bigger axle sizes seem to need press fit more often but this one doesnt seem to press. Probably a tolerance issue.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fulcrum Red Power 29er Freehub’ is closed to new replies.