Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Fuerteventura , your views please
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Looking at booking Caleta de Fuste, late in june, possibly all inclusive , this will be our first time abroad with no kids 😀
    Anyone been recently ?

Drac

Went last year with the kids our first time All Inclusive so paid a bit extra so me and the Mrs had something fancy. The hotel we stayed in was lovely, nice pool, great location and the food was amazing.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g658907-d255145-Reviews-Barcelo_Fuerteventura_Thalasso_Spa-Caleta_de_Fuste_Antigua_Fuerteventura_Canary_Islands.html

Haze

My boss goes at least 4 times each year, they stay at the Barcelo.

There’s also a smaller apartment complex owned by the Barcelo with its own pool, might be better if you don’t want screaming kids around. Stayed there a couple of times and it’s pretty decent, never all inclusive though.

It’s a fairly small town and not lots to do around there, OK if you’re happy to laze around the pool all day but you’ll need car hire if you want to explore a little.

Would happily go back.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Cheers , we have been looking at the Barcelo Castillo Beach Resort, which is right on the beach :)… all the barcelos look nice

Drac

We visited there a couple of times as our passes let us in there it’s very much more errrm family orientated. Nice but it was rammed with screaming kids and the food quality wasn’t the same and pool was a lot smaller.

trailmonkey

we’ve been going to fuerte just about every year for the last 12 years.

my advice:

1. Do not go to Caletta de Fuste
    2. If you just want peace and quiet, amazing beaches and no chavs, go to Costa Calma. There’s nothing really there except the hotels and a few shops but it’s a really peaceful mainly German resort and the beaches are truly amazing. Google earth it and have a look. You’re also close to La Pared on the west coast if you want to go surfing and you can easily get out and about on the bus down to Jandia or car hire is cheap for exploring the island.
    3. If you want a bit more life and more interaction with the other holiday makers go to Corralejo in the north. A livelier resort, not as cahvvy as Caletta and awesome beaches with better surfing options.
    4. Really worth hiring a car and taking a look around. Betancuria the old capital is a great day out involving a great drive through the mountains whichever way you approach it.
    5. Hook up with Volcano Bike and take one of their MTB tours. Nothing mega technical but incredible scenery and a pretty unique MTB day out. Or take your own bike and just go out exploring. I do this from the hotel in Costa Calma straight out into the (rocky) desert. The road riding is also sensational. Brans new, smooth tarmac roads in the south with big, big climbs and hardly any traffic.
    6. See 1.

Haze

The Castillo Beach looks nice, walked through on the way into town a few times.

Can be busy, check out the Puerto Castillo if you prefer it a little quieter.

Haze

Corralejo was nice, though memories of that place were slightly marred by very average weather and poor hotel choice.

Roads do look nice though, gaffer was/is on about buying a place out there. Might open the way up a bit to take the road bike…

Drac

The end we stayed in was fine but as we wandered along towards the other end where the harbour is then yes the it attracted a different kind of client but every resort has that.

Haze

Wasn’t too bad where we were, miles behind Lanzarote in those stakes!

Drac

No I don’t think it was that bad either but noticeable. I sound a bit snobby but it was nice to be around a pool that the parents didn’t scream and shout, well once the group from Essex left anyway.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Yeah looking quieter break of poss, hate places where the kids run riot
    hopefully end of june there wont be too many kids out there ?

trailmonkey

The end we stayed in was fine but as we wandered along towards the other end where the harbour is then yes the it attracted a different kind of client but every resort has that.

Never encountered it in Costa Calma. There’s no Sky sports, no John Smiths or no Sunday Roast, English pub type hideousness on top of which everyone speaks Spanish, German or French.

I’ve known certain English families demand to move to Caletta after a day of eating that ‘foreign muck’.

Great

Drac

Shouldn’t be end of June no but I’d pay the extra for the Thallaso Spa it’s very much worth it.

Haze

Yeah, we don’t have kids so prefer a quieter pool hence why I suggested the Puerto.

You’ll be more disturbed by the sound of tutting if someone rocks up with kids…

banks
    Free Member

Bloody love the place – only place which exceeds mtb holidays imo – hire a car with air con & go for a drive come across some amazing places & food.

Can never remember names too well but its not uncommon to find cafes etc which only serve one main & one pudding with good reason

PMK2060

We have stopped in Caleta de Fuste 3 times now. We always go self catering. The restaurants are decent especially the spanish ones.

Haze

Pmk, any good tips for restaurants? Familiar with Fado Rock, El Patio etc. but wouldn’t mind exploring further…

ptrockymountain
    Free Member

We stayed in a villa on the golf resort, it ws amazing, top class and quite cheap. Ate at fado rock nearly every night, , absooutely fantastic restaurant.

PMK2060

Haze – El Capitan is good for tapas. I cannot remember the name of the other good restaurants.

Haze

Cheers, stopped in El Capitan a few times for a drink and remember the food looking good.

Certainly better than the tapas place at the other end of town whose name escapes me (El Toro?). Basically ketchup and/or mayonnaise with chips but with a fancy name. Disappointing!

Nestors was good, felt almost full after the starter!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Fuerteventura , your views please’ is closed to new replies.