Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fuel or Remedy
  • lyntonsmith
    Free Member

Currently riding a fuel ex 8 and I am considering the remedy. Has anyone done the switch and what are your thoughts? Rode one on a demo day last weekend but it was hard to judge as the conditions were terrible and I was chasing boys on 29ers uphill which did not make it fair!!

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

It depends on where you ride.Ex8 is a better all rounder and is easier to climb with and a better XC bike where the Remedy pointed downhill is way better bike.

bullroar
    Free Member

True but the Remedy is not a poor climber.

mikertroid
    Free Member

I did my Mtb Leaders Course on a loaned Remedy in the lakes a couple of years ago as my bike had been nicked.

It was fantastic!

Popocatapetl

I’ve owned a Trek Fuel EX 8 since August 2008, and a Remedy 9 with Fox Talas 160’s since March last year. I ride reguarly in the Peak district and since last March, the Fuel ex has been gathering alot of dust and only gets used by the wife on kids days out! 😀 The Remedy was great fun in the Alps as well!

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

True the Remedy is still a good climber but certain parts of the country i would not bother using it in its not worth it.Everybody to there own.

Popocatapetl

So, in conclusion, do what i did, buy a Remedy and put a set of talas forks on it, and you won’t notice the difference uphill (unless you’re dobiejessmo) 😀

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Had a ’10 ex8, tried it with 120/150 talas 32’s and it was ace.

Tried a ’12 remedy, thought its was brill until I tried a lapierre spicy. Now have a 2013 516 spicy. MUUUUUUUUCH bettererer!!!

toppers3933
    Free Member

Wanted a remedy but couldn’t find one in my size so I brought a fuel. Loved it. Wonderful bike. Would still have it if some scumbag hasn’t stolen it. Got the insurance pay out and despite my better judgement I got a remedy because that is what I originally wanted. What a shit bike. Hated pretty much every ride I ever had one it. Was glad to see the back of it. Couldn’t put my finger on why and I really did want to like it. I had spent plenty of money on it so really wanted to like it but never did. The ex8 just did everything better. Because it cruised and climbed better it meant I was in better condition to enjoy the downs. The ex8 just did everything well.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

The best conclusion is to have the best of both worlds :}

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fuel or Remedy’ is closed to new replies.