• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 years ago by K.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Fuel ex bushings replacement
  • ampthill

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2dsHQ4b]stuff-5[/url] by John Clinch, on Flickr

The suspension in my Fuel ex had a bit of play (2009 ex 6.5 so an early version of the frame with a long rocker and no floating brake thing). The play is coming from the pivots between the frame and rocker. The other pivots on the rocker are fine. The main swing arm pivot seems fine. The pivots at the rear wheel feel stiff but have no play

Given that the bike is old it doesn’t seem worth spending a lot of money so I’d just like do the minimum to get it up and running again. So presumably I can just post it some where and they’ll replace the two offending pivots? One pivots fell apart as I tried to get the bold out (this is in the picture) I assume that the remains can still be pressed out? I might need a new bolt as well as the Allen key distorted the hole getting the bolt out, Can I buy one of these bolts?

ampthill

Bump

K

They are bearing not bushing, that should help you find what you are after. The rubber shields might have a number on them that will identify what they are.
    Thees haven’t fallen apart can be pressed out and can be done with a nut and bolt with some sockets if you wanted to do it yourself.

The one that has fallen apart will need a blind puller to get the remaining race out. Any reasonable bike shop should be able to help.
    Finding a replacement for the bolt you need to know what diameter and pitch the thread is.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Fuel ex bushings replacement’ is closed to new replies.