Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Fu Manchu on lock. Hit me with some stoner rock!
  • kayak23

Loving that Conan. Badass indeed!  😊🤘

househusband

As a big fan of Clutch and The Sword I’m slowly working my way through all the suggestions and YouTube links.

Thanks all, much appreciated.

Mikey
    Free Member

Gonga

_tom_
    Free Member

Sasquatch. It’s like Soundgarden fuelled by weed instead of heroin.

_tom_
    Free Member

This is my favourite genre so I’ll share more when my brain has started working properly 🙂 page 1 of this thread keeps crashing my phone (too many videos?) but I assume all the usual suspects (Clutch, Down, Sleep etc) have been mentioned so I’ll try and find some less obvious choices 🙂

All Them Witches

Baron Crane (instrumental weirdness with stonery riffs)

Brother O Brother

More incoming later I’m sure !

_tom_
    Free Member

Supersoul

Deaf Radio

May as well do a little plug for my band too! We’re instrumental heavy post-rock stuff with lots of stoner influence. I joined the band just after this was recorded, newer stuff has more big riffs and heaviness 🙂 hopefully get back in the studio for a couple tracks again soon

https://3by4.bandcamp.com/

squirrelking
    Free Member

Dammit, Mikey beat me by 10 hours! Not listened to Gonga in years but just remembered about them reading this thread.

Karma to Burn?

boombang
    Free Member

*EDIT – no idea how to embed!*

If you like classic pre-stoner rock try Leaf Hound…

which is a nice transition into something slightly more modern from Unida who have already been mentioned in the thread (only that they did a decent cover of Stray by Leaf Hound!)

tomparkin

Gonga’s a new one on me. I’m glad to see someone posted All Them Witches too, I was in two minds about including them 🙂

And 3 by 4 are good too, eh?

One more — a band named after an album by another band! And they say this genre is self-referential.

_tom_
    Free Member

Skate punk inspired riffy rock from The Shrine. Had the pleasure of working with Josh Landau, cool guy.

funkmasterp

Not technically stoner, but Five Horse Johnson are worth a spin. The singer/harp player provided the amazing harp playing on Clutch’s Electric Worry.

hooja
    Free Member

YES!
    This is the greatest thread ever… lots of gold and a fair bit of stuff I’ve not heard
    If you want some fairly current stuff with a good stoner, spacey heritage, check out…
    1000 mods
    https://1000mods.bandcamp.com/album/super-van-vacation
    And kadavar
    https://www.discogs.com/Kadavar-Abra-Kadavar/master/543714

funkmasterp

Have Atomic Bitchwax been mentioned yet? Tweak Bird are also not a Stoner band, but have a definite stoner vibe. Che are brilliant too, another one of Brant Bjork’s side projects. The guy is a legend. The desert Dave Grohl.

dumbbot
    Free Member

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

I have to admit I’m not really clear what constitutes Stoner Rock but I love this classic tune that seems to fit the bill

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Fu Manchu on lock. Hit me with some stoner rock!’ is closed to new replies.