Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • FTTP – is anyone with YouFibre for full-fibre broadband?
  • a11y

Knock on the door from a rep from YouFibre yesterday advising they’re due to commence work in my area on FTTP (fibre to the property). I’d never heard of them before and done some reading since. TBH until yesterday I didn’t know what FTTP stood for, I’m a bit of a technophobe when it comes to all this.

Anyone here have any experience with them? Good, bad or indifferent?

https://www.youfibre.com/

Packages seem OK, e.g. 50Mbps for £22/mth, 150Mbps £30/mth, 500Mbps £35/mth, 1000Mbps £45 inc mesh setup.

Currently with EE via a BT line and gettng 33Mbps download, 9Mbps upload, and it does struggle at times with multiple devices and users. Family of 4 with a fair number of smart/connected systems: heating, alarm, CCTV, etc and we do a typical amount of streaming etc but no gaming. Faster would be nice but TBH current speeds are adequate most of the time.

Any thoughts?

peteimpreza

bunch of charlatans based on my dealings so far.

Rep called at the house in July last year saying we could be connected in two weeks.

Nothing has happened.

Open reach only started doing the prep in our road last week.

Tried to contact youfibre recently and got zero response.

mrmo
    Free Member

They are a reseller, I was contacted via post, signed up as far cheaper than Virgin, then nothing, all the cables were in the ground. still nothing, other companies started offering the same service, virgin then price matched so I have stayed put. Then after about 6 months they contacted me about installation date…..

if you’re interested try https://cityfibre.com and see who there other resellers are.

oceanskipper

I’ve got YF. Installed fine but had issues with port forwarding which is resolved by a static IP at additional cost – CGNAT is the issue if you’re interested in that sort of thing. Mesh APs (eero) are great (not WiFi 6 though)  and deliver 300mbs over WiFi.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.