Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • FSA – arrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhh
  • dharmstrong
    Free Member

So today all the parts arrived to convert my bike form 2×9 to 1×10. I have a FSA crankset on my bike, I made sure I read up the tech data for this so I had the correct parts to fit the BCD. However FSA in their wisdom mis-printed the documents so I now cannot get a chainring to fit my cranks.

New cranks (and bottom bracket) required.

Not happy

wwaswas

what is the bcd – there aren’t that many to choose from that you can’t find rings for them all?

dharmstrong
    Free Member

64mm, not 104 as it said in the doc. The largest I can find is 28T but was after a 32T.

cookeaa

Which FSA Cranks are these then?

I thought they were pretty standard, most of their MTB jobbies should be 4 bolt – 104mm PCD right… What did you order?

Edit: just read the follow up post

Sorry but you are a Plum, 64mm is for the inner (Granny) ring 104 is for the out/mid positions, get out your measuring stick… they are standard fitting cranks!

Oh and check you don’t need shorter bolts!

wwaswas

64 would be the inner ring bcd – most people would use the middle position ([edit] which would be 104)?

dharmstrong
    Free Member

The k-force light ones (I think they are the model from 2 years ago). They are a double and only have 64bcd as an option, no larger outer ring fitment. Well thats the reality, the document shows 64 and 104 bolt positions

wwaswas

have you got pics or a link to one?

dharmstrong
    Free Member

Will take some pics

Rickos
    Free Member

This?

Says 94mm BCD on that shop site.

dharmstrong
    Free Member

wwaswas

a quick google seems to imply they have changed bcd a bit over the years I’ve seen 110, 104, 95 and 84 all mentioned 🙁

cp

K-force light [EDIT – for double/2×10) appear to have a BCD of 95. Yours in the pic above look like these without the rings:-

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=35733

Where was your FSA tech doc?

cookeaa

I take it back it is an odd crank a quick google reveals its a 94mm PCD…

dharmstrong
    Free Member

That CRC one is the newer model, I have the older version that says 104/64 but is 64 only

cp

64 is an incredibly small BCD for fitting even just one ring to of a reasonable size. Are you sure you’re measuring the BCD correctly? Across the centres of two opposite holes, not between adjacent holes?

cp

The CRC spec one has been out for a few years. Ignore the photo – i was referring to the text in the page which refers to 95 PCD and just double ring mounting. Looks like how yours would be.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Mail windwave, I just got a reply* to a warrenty question in 30 seconds flat!

*well, asking for photos, but still, that’s quick!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘FSA – arrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhh’ is closed to new replies.