FS: VW T4 caravelle camper conversion, possible exchange for a car

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale FS: VW T4 caravelle camper conversion, possible exchange for a car

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • FS: VW T4 caravelle camper conversion, possible exchange for a car
  • Premier Icon Paulio

Having just bought this a couple of weeks ago we’ve come to realise that it’s not what we’re looking for so have to sell it on, which is unfortunate as it is a really nice example with good bodywork and well below average miles. MOT’d until January 2015 and tax until the end of October 2014 so it’s ready to go.

It’s a 1.9TD Caravelle with a DIY camper conversion made up of a rock n roll bed (unused) with one 3-point belt and cabinets with a Smev sink/single hob with gas bottle and pump. It has an electric hook up, folding table, new front mats, a couple of double sockets, air conditioning, a tilt sunroof, two sliding windows and twin swivelling captains seats along with stick-on silver thermal covers for the windows. It also comes with a drive away awning which we haven’t even unpacked and being the Caravelle it has tracks and fixings in the floor for other seats etc.

The exterior is in really good condition with a few small patches of rust on a couple of wheel arches and the top section of the drivers door showing signs of a not too great repair. The rear passenger windows and rear window have been covered in black vinyl and this looks like a professional job. It has nice alloys with the odd chip and new tyres and tow bar and electrics.

It has every MOT back to 1998 and tons of receipts showing all the work done. The service book isn’t stamped right up to date but there are receipts to show that it certainly hasn’t been neglected and it drives very nicely. Recent work includes the timing belts, water pump, ball joint and back plate.

In summary, it is a nice van with a DIY conversion so don’t expect a completely pro job and whilst the body isn’t mint it is in very good condition. We’v thought about keeping it and reworking the interior to suit our needs but with a young baby and house to do up we just don’t have time.

I think that’s it but please get in touch with any questions. It is in Llantwit major, Vale of Glamorgan and I work in Cardiff Bay so could meet there for a viewing but bring valid insurance if you want to drive it. Happy to drive for up to an hour to meet you half way if you buy it.

£4,600, email in profile with any questions. I may swap for a car, something like a Berlingo would be ideal

More pictures here

Hi, can’t get that link working.

Premier Icon Paulio

Not sure what’s wrong there, will sort it out when I get to my laptop. There are more pics on my eBay ad, item number 321473369187

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘FS: VW T4 caravelle camper conversion, possible exchange for a car’ is closed to new replies.