FS : Singular peregrine with belt drive conversion – redux

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale FS : Singular peregrine with belt drive conversion – redux

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • FS : Singular peregrine with belt drive conversion – redux
  • aidanr

Sadly the frame’s too big for me, but how much for the belt drive stuff on it’s own if you’re willing to split?

Premier Icon Jerome
    Subscriber

This one needs to go,as I now work 5 mins bike ride from work, the super commuter I built is not really needed. I ride to work on my grandads old raleigh…

Singular Peregrine 56cm with C&C coupling in seat stay on the drive stay to allow a belt. This frame is the later iteration of this model, with curvy chainstays that gives great clearence for larger chainrings. The chainstays are super stiff, and the chainline with the chainring in the middle position is nigh on perfect, EBB works really well – all of which make this a great belt drive frame.
    The C&C couplings are serious works of art, and are a credit to Ben @kinetics who fitted them.

Large singular peregrine frame ( 56cm top tube ) with S&S coupling, and Avid FMJ cables fitted – photos show it set for me at 6′
    Rear wheel -Black alfine 8 on A719 – built for me by my local shop and low miles
    Front wheel – XT on 719 disc – greate condition
    Carbon bontrager chainset – this came off an old bike, and the spider is not perfectly straight.
    Versa 8 speed shifters – show marks, but working perfectly
    Thomson lay back post and 130mm stem
    On one midge bars
    ROAD BB7’s – pretty much unused
    Flite ti saddle – happy to keep this
    m422 platform pedals – again happy to keep
    Belt kit – gates non centretrak 115t*24

Other bits included
    Gates tensioning kit
    Spare belt and rear cog ( 118t and 25t ( I think ) ) to run a SS set up on this frame. Belt is unused, cog is barely used and fits a standard freehub.
    Spanner for the S&S coupling.

Options at extra price.
    Intention was to fit some guards to this and skinny 25mm ish tyres.
    I have the guards and can include these for an additional cost as required.

The current setup sees the belt a little tight with EBB back as far as it will go.
    Works fine, but the gates tensionser suggests it is on the high side of optimal.T he cranks may also not be the best choice as the spider is not exactly straight. They look so cool though.
    If I was keeping this I would probably end up swapping to Centretrak belt as there are more options on chainrings and cogs.

I would like £750 posted for the complete bike.
    Which I have calculated without allowing anything for the belt kit, given my comments on getting the centretrak above.

Any questions please let me know.

£450 gets the frame/forks/headset and all the belt kit.

Which comprises two pretty much unused belts,two cogs,( one alfine/one freehub ) one chainwheel,and the gates tension checking device.

Thanks
    J.

crispy

The frame is exactly the right size for me, and that is my conundrum…

Would you be prepared to split? I would be very interested in the frame (and maybe some of the other bits) if so.

Premier Icon Jerome
    Subscriber

Crispy – I am willing to split. Let me know by pm what you want.
    Aidan- yhm mail ref the belt kit.
    Cheers
    J.

Premier Icon Jerome
    Subscriber

Had a few nibbles.
    Need this one gone, so let me know if you are interested.
    Jerrybuckley At yahoo.com
    Cheers
    Jerome

crispy

Hi Jerome, apologies for the delay, I hadn’t realised you’d answered.

I’ve thought about it quite a bit, but just can’t justify it, I’m afraid. I’m trying to rationalise bikes at the moment, and I need to stick to something liek a 26″ hardtail frame that I have all the bits to hang on when I sell my other bikes.

Good luck with the sale – it’s an absolute cracker of a frame!

Crispy

Premier Icon Jerome
    Subscriber

No worries crispy, too many bikes here too.
    I have had a few offers for bits of the bike, so spilling looks the way to go.
    I am open to offers on any of the bike, and will split as soon as the frame and or quite a bit of the rest of it sells.

Premier Icon whizzo
    Subscriber

Is this still available?

bent udder

I’d be interested in the Versa shifters – how much would you let them go for?

Premier Icon Jerome
    Subscriber

I can confirm this is still for sale, and keen to sell the bike in one lot as listed.
    Ben – thanks for the interest, i will let you know if it comes to splitting.
    Thanks
    J.

Premier Icon Jerome
    Subscriber

And sold.
    Thanks for interest.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘FS : Singular peregrine with belt drive conversion – redux’ is closed to new replies.