- FS: Salsa Moto Rapido 18" – Rasta Rapido! Carbon, XT, X9, King, tubeless
Kills me to let go of my beautiful Salsa Moto Rapido, but I’ve got to plug a big hole left by the taxman clobbering me this month, so for a quick sale here it is. I’m looking for £625 delivered, and you’re very welcome to make offers. Email is in profile. I’m in Cheltenham if you want to check it out.
The bike comes in at just under 21 lbs. The seatstays are carbon for a great forgiving but laterally stiff ride. Salsa calls the paint job “Rasta” and I’ve blinged it up with a Rasta Chris King headset and the Salsa Rasta Fliplock skewers. Both the frame and the forks can take v-brake bosses but these have been blanked on both so they’re pretty inconspicuous.
Full set of pix is here with some shown below.
Full spec is:
– Salsa Moto Rapido ‘Rasta’ 18” frame, alloy with carbon seatstays: a ding and scratch on the top tube which it had when I got it and which has given rise to no issue whatsoever. Brake hose ‘slap’ rubs on top tube. Driveside chainstay chain scratches.
– Fork: RockShox SID Race 80mm Dual Air Pure DeeLite, IS disc and V mounts (blanked), 1 1/8”, QR: in excellent condition, stanchions unmarked, no leaks
– Headset: Chris King Rasta 1 1/8”: no rub marks, excellent working order (carbon spacers)
– Stem: Moto Rapido OS 80mm
– Bar: Salsa Moto Rapido OS carbon 660mm, absolutely unmarked, no stacks
– Grips: foam (can’t remember if they’re Titec Pork Rinds) – could put some lock-ons on if wanted
– Brakes: Magura Marta SL, IS mounts: in great working order, no leaks.
– Rotors: Shimano RT77, all good, no apparent kinks
– Saddle: Selle Italia XC Kevlar, Ti rails: no scuffs or rips, lovely comfy but light perch, lots of flex in the wings, no seams to chafe or snag
– Seatpost: Post Moderne 27.2” logos worn but super reliable and light
– Seat clamp: Salsa, black, bolted, not much more to say!
– Front mech: Shimano XT triple
– Rear mech: SRAM X9 9 speed, jockeys in good shape
– Cassette: Shimano XT 11-34t, teeth fine / no slippage
– Chain: SRAM PCC991 (I think!) – Park chain checker has it as not stretched
– Chainset: Shimano XT M760 – the usual wear on the arms, rings fine, no chainsuck
– Wheelset: Shimano XT M775 UST, no dings, running very smooth and straight both front and rear
– Tyres: Schwalbe 26” Fast Fred UST (front) / Furious Fred (rear): super fast and light tyres both only lightly used. Been a joy on the dry trails recently.
– Skewers: Salsa ‘Rasta’ FlipLocks
I can throw in a spare mech hanger plus two unused/BNIB sets of Marta pads (one Ashima, one Magura) if I get the asking price (that’d be about £30 for those). I’ve not included pedals but could do either SPD or Eggbeaters if wanted.Posted 3 years ago
The topic ‘FS: Salsa Moto Rapido 18" – Rasta Rapido! Carbon, XT, X9, King, tubeless’ is closed to new replies.