FS: Salsa Casseroll 58cm bike (built singlespeed with discs)

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale FS: Salsa Casseroll 58cm bike (built singlespeed with discs)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • FS: Salsa Casseroll 58cm bike (built singlespeed with discs)
  • cynic-al

Salsa Casseroll 58cm C-T, 2009 model (before head tubes went too high) with disc mounts added by a professional and built single-speed. frame used for 1 year commuting, fork barely used. Frame paintwork was hand-touched-up after brazing work and is generally in very good condition but with a few isolated chips/scratches/wear marks from use. Frame details here (but NB: this frame actually measures 58cm ST, 55cm TT, 17cm HT/). I weighed it at 2.1kg (4 3/4lb) and the fork at 800gm (1 3/4lb).

Spec listed below. Weighed at 9.4kg/21lb. Parts are all in excellent working order (and some are new) as follows:

Shimano 105 Hollowtech chainset and BB with new 39T Shimano unramped chainring, new 15T DX cog and generic chain (giving 70″ gear).
    Generic brake levers and Avid BB5 brakes w/Shimano Deore 6-bolt discs.
    Generic rr cassette/disc hub, Deore front (new), black spokes & black disc-rims (rear EBC Rrevolution brand, front WTB, both de-stickered).
    Michelin Speedium F tyre (23mm, nearly new) and Vittoria 25mm R tyre (a bit worn).
    New Genesis seatpost & black saddle OR the Vavert pictured (I’m trying to find brown bar-tape).
    ITM stem and Syntace OS anatomic bars (new, and to be taped!).
    FSA semi-cartridge bearing headset and Salsa seat collar.
    Mtb-type pedals included – ideal for regular shoes.

This was a £425 frameset when bought (around £500 now and only geometry and paint has changed, not frame material), and a Genesis Day 1 disc currently retails at £699 – this is a way lighter & nicer frame – see details like stainless dropouts/fork-ends, metal head-tube badge etc. It has a “classic steel” ride – zingy but stable, enough flex to give it some life and comfort, but not noodly. In all honesty I’d love to keep it but I don’t have the space/use for it (its replacement is a Van Nicholas Yukon at over twice the price!).

Asking £350 ono plus postage (est £30 odd) or collection/meet-up in/around Edinburgh/Lothians.

Untitled by alan cole, on Flickr

could be interested in this – do you know what the max tyre size is? and any detailed pics of the brazing work? cheers

Premier Icon Steelsreal

so what rear hub spacing is it?

Can it still run gears?

Premier Icon MussEd

You live in Porty area don’t you Al? Might be tempted, may I ask how tall you are? And inside leg if that isn’t too personal a question?

It has 135mm spacing, can run gears no bother.

I am 6′ 0.5″, long legs (can’t remember inside measurement tho), in Joppa (don’t you know 😛 )

Will get round to detailed pics. While the work was done by a pro (Shand) it was a favour and is not as good as his sold work, albeit it’s not noticeable when built..

My email in profile.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘FS: Salsa Casseroll 58cm bike (built singlespeed with discs)’ is closed to new replies.