FS: QUAD Hi-Fi

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale FS: QUAD Hi-Fi

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • FS: QUAD Hi-Fi
  • Premier Icon woody2000
    Subscriber

QUAD 99 CD/Pre Amp/Power Amp set up for sale – £250 collected/£265 posted ONO.

Many moons ago I worked for QUAD and this was the test kit we used for checking speakers. It’s 99 series electronics but built in a 77 series chassis and so is blue instead of grey. It’s well used but is in reasonable nick, though there are a few scratches on the units. I have misplaced the remote sadly, but I do have the QUAD-link cables to join the units together. It all worked fine last time I checked, and I’ll happily set it up if anyone wants a listen.

Email for pics if interested, thanks 🙂

Premier Icon tomaso
    Subscriber

Very tempted – can you please send some pictures to my email in my profile
    Cheers
    T

flashes

Brilliant set up, a question, do you know anyone in the UK who can service / repair a pair of late 50’s quad electrostatic speakers?

Premier Icon woody2000
    Subscriber

Flashes – not a clue any more mate. You could have had them repaired at the workshop in Bradford at one time, but that’s long gone I’m afraid. Get in touch with IAG in Huntingdon, they might be able to help (01480 452561). Bit of a rare beast those, though I daresay the technology hasn’t changed much! We still had (and used!) the original machine for stretching the film over the plates when they were built in Bradford. Sadly we didn’t really have the facilities required for making them properly & we had a lot of failures.

Those who asked for pics should have them now, let me know if not. Thanks.

Premier Icon woody2000
    Subscriber

This should be a link to the pics I hope

http://bit.ly/1iPxE5q

Hi there. Are these still for sale? I know a man who may well be interested!!

Premier Icon woody2000
    Subscriber

No-one has shown me any cash yet, so they’re still available 🙂

Definitely interested. Where abouts are you??

Premier Icon woody2000
    Subscriber

Brighouse HD6 mate, drop me an email if you want to sort something out 🙂

Premier Icon woody2000
    Subscriber
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘FS: QUAD Hi-Fi’ is closed to new replies.